• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dec 31, 2012
    I have a '73 Yugo SKS with a decent original stock, but I've come across a polymer stock with a blade cutout, pistol grip and telescoping butt stock on Amazon. I'm assuming this is a legal purchase in MD? Or is it too scary looking to be legal in MD? It also states that is is 922r compliant (not sure exactly what that means honestly)
    Thanks

Dec 31, 2012
    Ok so I've been reading up on the legalities of transforming my Yugo sks into a tactilol rifle. Correct me if I'm wrong, which is very likely, but if I add on a pistol grip, stock and butt stock to the rifle it is not considered legal because I still have too many imported parts. To make it legal, I'd have to replace the gas piston and magazine (say a 5rd detachable mag) as well and then it is compliant because I have 10 922r compliant parts...?

Mossyoak

Never enough
    Jan 5, 2009
    Ceciltucky
    This has been covered here before however I am still not 100% sure it pertains to all SKS's or just ones bought with a C&R lic. Maybe someone can come along and set it straight. I bought mine through an FFL.

Rick3bears

Grumpy Old Coot
    Jul 28, 2012
    Somewhere, MD
    SKS with pistol grip

As far as 22r is concerned, it depends on where the aftermarket stuff is made. If made in USA you're home free. Most of Maryland's crap goes into effect October 1, 2013 so if you have it now it is grandfathered in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom