• oh really.jpg
      oh really.jpg
      10.3 KB · Views: 284

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Seriously, if you are spending $10K+ on AR/AK hardware and another huge chunk on ammo, why not allocate $280 to a conversion that upgrades your firearm to it's highest possible performance use?

Damn, Alphabrew, you put on the Slidefire upside down...

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Seriously, if you are spending $10K+ on AR/AK hardware and another huge chunk on ammo, why not allocate $280 to a conversion that upgrades your firearm to it's highest possible performance use?

:lol2::lol2: you got me there!

BigSteve57

Ultimate Member
    Feb 14, 2011
    There's 2 prices -
    LEFT HAND: $269.99
    RIGHT HAND: $359.99

The right handed version must be a LOT harder to make.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Oh Really? Please Tell Me More....

As discussed elsewhere, folks were excited about the TAC-CON trigger, but it costs $700--$500 for the device, and a reported $200 in ammo sent downrange to get the hang of it.

The TAC-CON still depends on YOUR personal reflexes. Meaning how fast YOU can pull this super-short reset trigger.

As I saw at a range session, the Slidefire "push" to get the bump-fire underway can be mastered with ONE 30 round mag.

From what I've read, the Slidefire's cycle rate beats the TAC-CON.

MDMOUNTAINEER

Glock, AR, Savage Junkie
    Mar 4, 2009
    West Virginia
    Full-Auto offers less than ideal accuracy.

Full-Auto with a gimmick (like the push/pull arrangement on a slidefire) delivers (arguably) less precise downrange performance.

In a SHTF scenario, where ammo will be quite precious even for those with the foresight to accumulate it in quantity, I'd like to know how wasting said ammo would be "worth it's weight in gold"? Why not buy a pump shotgun and load it up with 00 buckshot? I'd think shot placement would be far more predictable without such a waste of valuable resources.

silanehead

Sarcastic Member
    Oct 24, 2012
    Dundalk
    Late afternoon on MDS day at Delmarva a group of urbanites rolled in. One of them opened up an M16 on the pistol range. Looked exciting but all I could see was dollar signs ejecting.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    You don't need to spend the money on the slam fire stock. People have been doing bump fires for years. I have done it myself. It's just as easy to do without the stock as it is with this $280 waste of money.

Here is a short video of someone shooting a 9mm AR15 pistol. He empties a 30 round mag in about 3 seconds.

Having shot the slam fire at Double Tap range in Philadelphia, I can tell you there isn't any difference between the 2 methods.

Check out the video and see if you think you can do what this guy is doing. It really is that simple. Imagine how much ammo you can buy for $280.

Jim Smith

aquaman

Ultimate Member
    Sep 21, 2008
    Belcamp, MD
    Its easy to make a slide fire out of a basic carbine stock and pistol grip. Home depot for the hardware and metal stripes to make the bra kbtkb

lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007

he shoots gansta style.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    You don't need to spend the money on the slam fire stock. People have been doing bump fires for years. I have done it myself. It's just as easy to do without the stock as it is with this $280 waste of money.

Here is a short video of someone shooting a 9mm AR15 pistol. He empties a 30 round mag in about 3 seconds.

Having shot the slam fire at Double Tap range in Philadelphia, I can tell you there isn't any difference between the 2 methods.

Check out the video and see if you think you can do what this guy is doing. It really is that simple. Imagine how much ammo you can buy for $280.

Jim Smith

The principal is exactly the same, but this stock makes it way easier. Think of the stock as a bump fire jig. I can have my grandmother bump firing with this stock.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    The principal is exactly the same, but this stock makes it way easier. Think of the stock as a bump fire jig. I can have my grandmother bump firing with this stock.

Having done it with both methods, it is just as easy doing it without the stock. Try it before you judge it. There really is no difference. The slamfire stock does not sit on your shoulder as a traditional stock would. You still hold the firearm in your left hand with all of the weight being in the left hand.

Jim Smith

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Having done it with both methods, it is just as easy doing it without the stock. Try it before you judge it. There really is no difference. The slamfire stock does not sit on your shoulder as a traditional stock would. You still hold the firearm in your left hand with all of the weight being in the left hand.

Jim Smith

I tried it both ways, the stock is way better. Not even close.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom