• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BPSballistics

Aug 11, 2012
    Glen burnie
    I posted something in the rifle forums but I guess this would be a better spot. However im selling my ruger 10/22 to scrounge some money up for a gun thats chambered in .17HMR any one have advice one which manufacturer to go with so far i know about the savage 93R and mossberg 817. The gentleman in the other thread told me instead of going with .17HMR just go with 22-250. What do you guys think? Ohh and the purpose for the gun. I usually just target practice at the range however I dont think they allow .17hmr in pistol ranges maybe due to its velocity and penetration? Maybe one day varmint hunt like gophers groundhog squirell rabbit and such.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    This will probably get moved to the rimfire section. IIRC, the comment/suggestions section is intended for site feedback/suggestions.

As for your question, .17HMR should be good to go in most pistol ranges (but I'd verify with the range first), it shouldn't pose a hazard to a decent backstop. It is harder on the meat of small game if you intend to eat what you kill, but if that's not your intent, it'll do just fine in pest removal roles.

Savage 93 series is a great little rifle in .17HMR - I slightly regret selling mine, but there's plenty of them out there. Go with the accu-trigger option if you go Savage, it's worth it!

You'll need 50 posts before you can list your 10/22 here in the classifieds, trying to bypass that rule typically doesn't end well.

Good luck in your endeavor.

John81

Feb 7, 2012
    I love my savage 93 in 17hmr got it for my wife on valentines day last year..... She hasn't shot it once yet but I've used it plenty!!! It's my 2nd favorite gun

BPSballistics

Aug 11, 2012
    Glen burnie
    I love my savage 93 in 17hmr got it for my wife on valentines day last year..... She hasn't shot it once yet but I've used it plenty!!! It's my 2nd favorite gun

Unfortunately im already selling mine havent even fired it yet...ran into a rough patch in life. Its in the classifieds right now

John81

Feb 7, 2012
    Unfortunately im already selling mine havent even fired it yet...ran into a rough patch in life. Its in the classifieds right now

That's too bad it's an amazing gun, and sorry about your rough patch I'm sure we all have had times like that at one time or another

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    I'd look at CZ for your new rifle. If you're not into reloading then go with the .17 HMR. 22-250 has a big reputation however, I think if it was me I'd just stick with .223 versus .22-250. Plenty of free once-fired brass I've seen for the asking at the range and plenty of cheap, readily available ammo even when your getting ready to elect your Kenyan President for the second time around.

BPSballistics

Aug 11, 2012
    Glen burnie
    That's too bad it's an amazing gun, and sorry about your rough patch I'm sure we all have had times like that at one time or another

I know it blows Getting rid of my New savage 93R (never even been fired yet) and my gsg ak47 22LR and maybe even my mosin nagants......really sucks but thats life.

John81

Feb 7, 2012
    I know it blows Getting rid of my New savage 93R (never even been fired yet) and my gsg ak47 22LR and maybe even my mosin nagants......really sucks but thats life.

On the bright side should be easy to sell, who doesn't want a nice 22

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom