• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Seabee

Old Timer
    Oct 9, 2011
    Left marylandistan to NC
    I keep a running list of those price gouging and will never buy anything from them ever again. As much as I enjoy it, I don’t have to shoot a lot. Have some load work ups planned but nothing else after that. COVID has killed far more reloading supplies than people
    For those who may be in az, Bruno’s has primers and powders for locals but the website is shut down and has been for some time now

lim144

Jan 3, 2014
    My favorite store is selling primers at 8 cents per. 200 limit. Was 3 cents per before this began. I still got some.

atblis

Ultimate Member
    May 23, 2010
    Kind of ironic that you decry "price gougers" and then turn around and offer up Brunos. Brunos has jacked their prices up the most of all the mainstream online retailers. So much so that they've been catching flak for "price gouging". They also seem to have inflated their shipping charges. Just saying...

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    ^^^ better the merchants up the prices to put scalpers price way out of reach. At lest the overall prices would be more reasonable and the primers will be there when you need them. I wonder how the prolific scalpers would feel if the IRS made inquiries.

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    ^^^ Ditto that. They must have licenses on file and see where the “leaks” are.

“I keep a running list of those price gouging and will never buy anything from them ever again.”

So have I. I keep it to the scalpers not guys actually clearing out shelves or changing calibers because of gun sales. Can’t blame someone whonhadcstuff on the shelf but didn’t sell it before because it wasn’t worth the effort.m

One got p.o.’d because he wanted my upper for his primers. He didn’t like it when I used retail value for the primers in my trade proposal. Even then he was still making money but not close to the rape price of $200/1000.

One day this will be over one way or another. Everything I would sell to one will be at least 5 times my listed value.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    SeaBee hit on a point in post # 61 , perhaps inadvertently . ( I proofread myself this time )

My LGS friends are telling me something new to them . Distributors who also do sales to the public , are no longer offering Dealer Pricing . Whatever their wholesale customers are allotted , is now at full retail market rate ,not wholesale .

atblis

Ultimate Member
    May 23, 2010
    I think the online vendors need better software to block bots from buying up all the supplies.
    I was thinking about this too. Was also thinking they could leak primers at higher prices initially, let the bots snag those. Then start selling at lower prices for the real people.

atblis

Ultimate Member
    May 23, 2010
    ^^^ better the merchants up the prices to put scalpers price way out of reach. At lest the overall prices would be more reasonable and the primers will be there when you need them. I wonder how the prolific scalpers would feel if the IRS made inquiries.
    Yeah basically this though I believe Bruno's is not taking any online orders.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    I was thinking about this too. Was also thinking they could leak primers at higher prices initially, let the bots snag those. Then start selling at lower prices for the real people.

The bots will just keep buying.

Just put in Captcha in the ordering process.

I would put it when you put it in the cart. If you pass, it stays in the cart for say 5 minutes or so for you to check out.

If you fail the Captcha, it goes back in stock immediately.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    bought 2k of spp today for bil from powder valley. i got the discord alert, actually i got it late as i was out of the room. i tried anyways and it showed in stock so i put two in the cart. went to checkout and it said oos. but i just kept trying and finally it went thru to payment. then there it said oos and i kept trying again and finally it went to payment and i got an order # and email confirm. unfortunately with the 2k limit and hazmat and shipping it was $133 so about $66/k. still WAY better than gunbroker and sadly our classifieds. keep trying.

Seagrave1963

Still learnin'
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 6, 2011
    Eastern Shore
    bought 2k of spp today for bil from powder valley. i got the discord alert, actually i got it late as i was out of the room. i tried anyways and it showed in stock so i put two in the cart. went to checkout and it said oos. but i just kept trying and finally it went thru to payment. then there it said oos and i kept trying again and finally it went to payment and i got an order # and email confirm. unfortunately with the 2k limit and hazmat and shipping it was $133 so about $66/k. still WAY better than gunbroker and sadly our classifieds. keep trying.

I hope they get to you - good luck!

Archeryrob

Undecided on a great many things
    Mar 7, 2013
    Washington Co. - Fairplay

I got the same thing but it wouldn't go through. Spinning circles over the credit card payment and it never stopped. Couldn't enter the information to submit it. MidSouth had them too and I tried and the entire store went off line and came back up without me being logged in or having anything in my cart.

Just fail, fail and the dirty end of the stick. ;)

Mountain city can kiss my azz.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kdaily1127

Latest threads

Top Bottom