• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bkraft

Jul 24, 2008
    Eldersburg
    Looking for a No1 MkIII front handguard among other things. Anyone have one or know a good source for old Enfield parts?

bkraft

Jul 24, 2008
    Eldersburg
    Thanks for those. Hadn't checked Apex in awhile, but tey don't have what I need. I've purchased from them before, however, and always recieved quality stuff very quickly.

Liberty Tree in general is slightly over priced but does usually have a good selection. I'd pay their price on a handguard if they had one, but they are out of stock. Guess I'll keep looking for now.

In the process of trying to restore a SMLE i recently picked up. Stock has been coated in ...something.... It's a bad finish, and obviously not original. I fear it's some sort of stain. Hoping to use a non-invasive stripper, slowly, and take off what I can, then coat with BLO.

Current handguard is usable, but I'd like to replace it. The ears have been cut off. Rear handguard still has ears, but not the front. Front guard also has a crack running down the center... won't hurt anything, but with the ears gone..... I'd rather just find a new one.

j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    Springfield Sporters.
    Russell has no personality, but can be very helpful. He has far more parts in stock than you'll find on the website.
    Call him.

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    Russell is very much my first tier source for SMLE parts. I routinely fax my Enfield bits orders to him as he's a one man show and very busy so catching him on the phone isn't easy. But when you do he can be very helpful (had a good conversation about the Ross parts he has, which aren't cataloged). I kept an old copy of the SS catalog that was published when his Dad ran the business and while he doesn't sell firearms anymore the list of parts is still very valid.
    I also use Numrich, Liberty Tree, Apex and Sarco as sources.

bkraft

Jul 24, 2008
    Eldersburg
    Thanks again to everyone for your input. Springfield Sporters is a new source for me and it looks like they may have what I need. I'll be tryign to call and/or faxing an order over to them today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom