• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Anyone have one of these in Cimmaron (Uberti) trim? I am in my "western" phase and thinking of snagging one for kicks and giggles. Wont be my first single action but closest to the real thing. (Still craving the Schofield but they are just to much for me right now and I would have to have two).

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    I have a Cattleman as well. Of all my handguns it is my favorite. A heavy, chunk of awesomeness. Everyone needs a cowpoke. You won't regret it.

cyberfrance

Feb 1, 2012
    I am so ignorant. I actually thought you were talking about smokers! I was going to give you some smoking tips!:lol2:

NathanJ

Ultimate Member
    Mar 18, 2010
    Salisbury Maryland
    Ahhh...Nothin' like that gentle roll in the hand...

4331567646_af6fcb2e04.jpg

Huckleberry

No One of Consequence
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Severn & Lewes
    I have a Cimmaron Model P in the 5.5" with the extra ACP cylinder.

Great Shooting Gun. Never had to takea file to the front site. The ACP will save you some money over the. LC when you practice. I got it as a companion to my OM Vaquero in 7.5".

jerielg

Old Guy
    Jan 10, 2010
    Paw Paw, WV
    I have a pair of Taylor Smoke Wagon Deluxes. The action is extremely smooth and the trigger breaks like glass. I know Mark at 2A had a couple in his case as of Friday.

hodgepodge

Senior Member (Gold)
    Sep 3, 2009
    Arnold, MD
    Go for it!

I have the stock model in a Taylor's and a Cimarron Model P, both with Wolff spring kits. I'd recommend this as a way to get a similar action, but a little less costly.

This weekend, I managed 40 shots from the sixguns with only one miss. Probably my best day ever.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    I have a Cimmaron Model P in the 5.5" with the extra ACP cylinder.

Great Shooting Gun. Never had to takea file to the front site. The ACP will save you some money over the. LC when you practice. I got it as a companion to my OM Vaquero in 7.5".

I have access to reloading equipment and can do .45LC pretty cheap, and the cases last a long time (already set up for it across a couple other guns).

Interesting when I look at Holy Smokers some have crosses on both sides, some one, some are case hardened some are the same as the smokehouse with a different barrel and grips. What gives? are people snatching grips to set up two gun sets. The Cim site says it shoudl have one on each side.

Huckleberry

No One of Consequence
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Severn & Lewes
    I have access to reloading equipment and can do .45LC pretty cheap, and the cases last a long time (already set up for it across a couple other guns).

Interesting when I look at Holy Smokers some have crosses on both sides, some one, some are case hardened some are the same as the smokehouse with a different barrel and grips. What gives? are people snatching grips to set up two gun sets. The Cim site says it shoudl have one on each side.

I've got plenty of both but the ACP is more plentiful and cheaper. I usually only reload brass 5-6 times and then turn over my inventory for newer, fresher cases.

As I mentioned before, the folks at Taylors are good people and the two ladies that founded the company, Tammy and Sue, deserve all the credit for their history of outstanding customer service.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    So is the Holy Smoker worth $100 more than the Smokewagon and how do they compare in triggers. .45 to .45 (though the Smoke Wagon in .357 has some appeal as i load a lot of .38s!)

mcbruzdzinski

NRA Training Counselor
    Industry Partner
    Aug 28, 2007
    Catonsville MD
    Patty and I both have a pair of Smokewagons (all four in .45LC) that were tuned by Cody Commager. We have enjoy shooting them from time to time with some of our friends who are SASS members. I

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Patty and I both have a pair of Smokewagons (all four in .45LC) that were tuned by Cody Commager. We have enjoy shooting them from time to time with some of our friends who are SASS members. I

I wish I could confirm the H. Smoker is tuned like the Smoke Wagon. IF so I would be all over it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    KD96

Latest threads

Top Bottom