So how do you work this confangled thing?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    BUMP. Now I have a companion. Questions: where does the mag go? Where is the ejection port? How about the charging handle? So confused....

JK I'm sure this isn't the best ML on the planet, but it was a gift and i can't wait to fire it (PS, still haven't fired the pistol). I guess it will be a 2 for 1 when i get out!

No pic or description of new toy ?

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Somehow I missed the original appearence of this thread.

Cabelas was certainly around in mail order catalog form 50yrs ago , and selling BP guns . So Dad could be right .

Back in those days , Armi San Marco ( ASM) was also a prolific Italian maker of replica BP .

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    The magazine is that fat round thing in the middle. The ejection port is the hole at the far end, and the charging handle is the curved spur that sticks out at the back.

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    Be patient. It is so cold I threw a glass of water outside yesterday morning and froze before it hit the ground. :shocked3:
    Dammit! I forgot to do that for the last couple of days. I actually want to do it with a full pot of boiling water.

But NOT like THIS:

gtodave

MDS Supporter
    Aug 14, 2007
    Mt Airy

Attachments

• 20221225_135352.jpg
      20221225_135352.jpg
      500 KB · Views: 81

OMCHamlin

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    May 17, 2017
    The Cumberland Plateau
    Thanks All! I guess I'll be picking up some supplies my next trip to the gun shop.
    I picked up a Pietta at the Ladson flea market there in Temperanceville, only had a .45 Colt conversion cylinder with it, paid $80. I managed to snag a brand new BP cylinder for it off of eBay for about as much, so for buck sixty I have a nice .45 Remington Army that can also shoot .45 Colt (standard loads) and does it well!

Ranchero50

Ultimate Member
    Dec 15, 2012
    Hagerstown MD
    Army is a little nose heavy but fun to shoot. Definitely requires patience and relaxation because it takes forever to load and quick to empty. Fort Chambers in Chambersburg is a fun spot to visit and get consumables. I think I'm up to 5 pistols and 3 BP ACW era rifles.

Horseman308

Jan 27, 2016
    Looks like you're out in Mt. Airy, not too far from AGC. I'm a member there through the Marriottsville Muzzleloaders. It might take some doing to work out schedules, but I'd be happy to bring you as my guest, too. I've got one of those 1858s, as well as as some other ML's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom