• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ragtopman

Feb 22, 2013
    Waldorf MD
    You need the helmet with horns to use it properly.

ARRRGGG!!!!!

Um, no. Vikings did not actually wear horned helmets thank you very much. Totally impractical in a fight or on a ship (catches in the rigging).

Horns are for drinking mead with, not for wearing!

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    ARRRGGG!!!!!

Um, no. Vikings did not actually wear horned helmets thank you very much. Totally impractical in a fight or on a ship (catches in the rigging).

Horns are for drinking mead with, not for wearing!

I know that much. And I won't adopt a fake British accent either. I'll have to clear out my PM box so we can chat.

Si vis pacem para bellum

follow me @DiscipleofJMB

RangerWillrett

Jun 20, 2011
    Mineral Co WV
    there is a free beginners training guide on sword buyers guide website. there are also several books available for a good price. The best option is to get involved with that local group. I wish I lived closer to them and I would already be involved.

JDove

Ultimate Member
    Jun 16, 2010
    Well, that's the plan. I'm already a huge Amon Amarth fan (just got their new album, saw them twice in 2011), love beer and ale (have yet to try mead though), and can grow a beard lol.!

New album is good, hear a lot of Maiden influence. Have not seen them live yet, might try to catch them on this tour.

Ragtopman

Feb 22, 2013
    Waldorf MD
    Turisas is the ultimate Viking Metal band. Truly epic music of Wagnerian proportions. Their albums "The Varangian Way" and "Stand Up and Fight!" are the best themed albums ever produced. and tell an epic Viking tale. If you are into the actual history at all, they are just incredible.

I also like Tyr, but they tend to pander a bit too much to the pagan crowd for my tastes, YMMV. Their heavy metal modernized takes on some of the ancient folk songs are definitely worth a listen.

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    Turisas is the ultimate Viking Metal band. Truly epic music of Wagnerian proportions. Their albums "The Varangian Way" and "Stand Up and Fight!" are the best themed albums ever produced. and tell an epic Viking tale. If you are into the actual history at all, they are just incredible.

I also like Tyr, but they tend to pander a bit too much to the pagan crowd for my tastes, YMMV. Their heavy metal modernized takes on some of the ancient folk songs are definitely worth a listen.

MANOWAR!!!!!!!!
    seriously, listen to them.

Thanks for the recommendations guys. I love Viking/Norse lore and the history. It's something only touched on in school, and I know they were not the horned-helmet wearing opera singers pop culture makes them out to be.

I actually would like to have my DNA ancestry traced, as most of my family lived in Germany as far back as anyone knows before the 1770s on dad's side and 1830s on mom's side.

Si vis pacem para bellum

follow me @DiscipleofJMB

240 towles

master of puppets
    Mar 31, 2009
    ?
    MANOWAR's gods of war album is an entire album dedicated to odin and his stories. The album book is entirely written in runes [but it has a key] and is just tales of mythology.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom