• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hopalong

Man of Many Nicknames
    Jun 28, 2010
    Howard County
    2A Tuesday is just over a week away. I'd like everyone who reads this and is on Facebook or Twitter to start posting stuff about the event with the hashtag #2ATuesday. (Yes, you can use hashtags in Facebook.)

Starting now:

Coming? Post about it.

Not coming? Post about it.

Have questions? Post about it.

Still angry over FSA2013? Post about it.

And on the day of the event:

Have any updates or observations? Post about it.

Have any good video snippets of speakers? Post about it.

Have any pictures giving an accurate representation of our numbers? Post about it. (No wait, post the crap out of it.)

#2ATuesday people. Light it up.

The corporate media can spin our attendance and impact any way they want, and if they're anything like they were last year, they will downplay our numbers. But crowdsourced media is much harder to spin. Be the media so the corporate media can't silence us.

I (@MDGunsBen on Twitter) and others will be posting live updates using the #2ATuesday hashtag on the 4th so people who aren't there can follow what's going on. The more people we have posting, the more information people have.

If you're not on Facebook or Twitter, I'd highly suggest using Twitter for this. It's a great tool. Easy to use, no spam, no ads, works better on a mobile phone. All you need is a valid E-mail address, then go to www.twitter.com to set up an account. If you're using Twitter from a mobile phone, just download the app and you're good to go. (I highly recommend the TweetBot app for iPhones. I love it and I'm really missing it on my new Android.) Then just search for the #2ATuesday hashtag for updates and post updates of your own. Feel free to contact me if you have any other questions or issues.

jpo183

Ultimate Member
    Mar 20, 2013
    in Maryland
    I'll add those that will not be able to make it need to light up their email boxes and make a few phone calls as well.

Mr H

Unincited Co-Conservative
    Little late?

For what?

Every person who can get there is "more than none".

Any day this session that anyone can get to Annapolis is one more day they have to deal with us.

Every interaction we have with them is one more chance to remind them we're still here, and still ticked.

This is just a piece in the puzzle. Yes, a huge one, but still just a piece.

hogarth

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2009
    My boss asked me to go to Annapolis with him to talk to legislators about something completely unrelated (special education) on Feb 4th. I told him it might be crowded! The good thing is that I might be able to get in to talk to my reps since, ostensibly, I am there to talk about special ed. I figure what the neck, I will get paid to go down there that day, and then I can go down another day when it is less crowded and maybe see people again or even testify if there is a day when one of the committees is looking at carry laws.

Hopalong

Man of Many Nicknames
    Jun 28, 2010
    Howard County
    I see over 200 views of this thread and...crickets on Twitter.

Come on folks. It takes five minutes. Things on Twitter tend to grow exponentially and the gun control crowd uses that to good effect. Time to start using their tactics.

Please? It's for the children.

Mr H

My boss asked me to go to Annapolis with him to talk to legislators about something completely unrelated (special education) on Feb 4th. I told him it might be crowded! The good thing is that I might be able to get in to talk to my reps since, ostensibly, I am there to talk about special ed. I figure what the neck, I will get paid to go down there that day, and then I can go down another day when it is less crowded and maybe see people again or even testify if there is a day when one of the committees is looking at carry laws.

NOW you're talkin'

;)

Every day anyone can get down there is more contact and more communication.

Hopalong

Man of Many Nicknames
    Jun 28, 2010
    Howard County
    Okay folks, at the risk of sounding whiny here, I really have to ask why more people aren't doing this.

The gun control crowd draws their power from their ability to effectively control the message, and nowadays they do that largely by way of social media. They have seriously skunked us in this department and we need to push back. Don't let them control the message. Be the voice for our gun rights.

Are your gun rights important to you? Are they worth taking five minutes and posting a few things on Twitter with the #2ATuesday hashtag? They should be.

Come on folks. We need all the help we can get.

Mr H

One problem we have, is a lot of people who truly believe "someone else is doing this for me", and they choose to stay silent.

The reality is, these folks could easily be the "someone" for others who are not yet aware of all the issues. Assume for a moment that (as some have predicted) the infringements are spread to shotguns... then bolt-actions... then single-shots... then ???

Incrementalism is their strongest tool, but only because they receive little push-back.

The most important things we can do to prevent this assault on our rights from growing are to communicate, then motivate, then activate.

Sportstud4891

Resident SMIB
    Jun 7, 2011
    Chuck County
    Okay folks, at the risk of sounding whiny here, I really have to ask why more people aren't doing this.

The gun control crowd draws their power from their ability to effectively control the message, and nowadays they do that largely by way of social media. They have seriously skunked us in this department and we need to push back. Don't let them control the message. Be the voice for our gun rights.

Are your gun rights important to you? Are they worth taking five minutes and posting a few things on Twitter with the #2ATuesday hashtag? They should be.

Come on folks. We need all the help we can get.

I think it's a great idea however I don't have facebook or twitter accounts. I think you'll find a lot of people on here that share that sentiment.

Tomcat

Formerly Known As HITWTOM
    May 7, 2012
    St.Mary's County
    Don't do twitter but put it on my facebook page with the first line # 2ATuesday. not sure how that works but it's there along with a link to the MSI flyer and my comments.

CrazySanMan

2013'er
    Mar 4, 2013
    Colorful Colorado
    I just posted a message on Facebook with the #2ATuesday hashtag, and when I click on the tag, there are only posts from myself and Smiegel using the tag. We've got to talk it up people!

I have three herniated discs on my back and some pinched nerves. I can't walk without pain and cannot stand. I'm going and I'm bringing a folding chair so I don't have to stand. Tell me again why you can't go?

Hopalong

Man of Many Nicknames
    Jun 28, 2010
    Howard County
    I think it's a great idea however I don't have facebook or twitter accounts. I think you'll find a lot of people on here that share that sentiment.

Making a Twitter account takes 5 minutes. You don't get ads or spam, and it's really easy to use. Plus, it's a great resource for getting live updates without replying on the corporate media.

Aren't your rights worth that level of effort?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cfreeman818

Latest threads

Top Bottom