• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DD214

Founder
    Apr 26, 2005
    St Mary's County
    At the event on the 6th there was a lot of confusion among the ranks for various reasons. I have no doubt that some of the misinformation that was spread was the result of a coordinated effort to disrupt our efforts. I was a victim of this myself. Lesson learned.

By now I'm sure that everyone already knows about the DDoS attack that we suffered just a few days before the rally. This site is the most visible face of gun owners in the state of MD and offers the most open and effective means of communicating and coordinating, and I have no doubt that this was the reason for the attack. They tried to silence and disrupt, but they were only successful for a few hours.

Going forward I suspect that those that oppose us are already planning ways of causing even more confusion any way that they can. This being the case I'm urging as many people as possible to get connected via Facebook and/or Twitter. If the site is taken offline for whatever reason we can continue to communicate via those methods. And most important, at future events they are the best way to push out timely updates about what is going on to prevent confusion and disinformation from spreading. We are working on ways of making sure that in the future we can quickly and effectively disseminate accurate information and this is a key part of the plan.

I know many of you are against using either of those social media services. I understand and I resisted using them until fairly recently. But this serves a very important purpose, especially in this critical time of unprecedented attacks on our 2A rights. Accurate and timely communication is of utmost importance.

Of the two, Twitter is probably the least obnoxious. It's not much different than regular text messaging, and if you set your privacy settings correctly you will be left alone, only receiving updates from sources of your choosing.

You can find us at the following locations.

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/mdshooters

Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/mdshooters

flying_pig

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 2, 2013
    After years of struggling with social media and not wanting to join, I did so right before the rally on the 6th. Still skeptical but willing to do whatever is necessary. Facebook completed, twitter still sitting on the fence.

mr phil

Ultimate Member
    Dec 9, 2007
    beach
    I normally don't use Facebook much.......
    With the exception of the last month . I was putting the information up on first the Rally , then the Hearings .and the bus leaving from my area.
    I saw that this is how these sites are used all the time and we needed to use it as well. I saw other people liking and sharing the information.
    It was definitely worth its weight in gold.

md123

Ultimate Member
    Jul 29, 2011
    Agree. Twitter takes two minutes to set up.

@MD_shall_issue was extremely helpful for me on the 6th.

Les Gawlik

Ultimate Member
    Apr 2, 2009
    Agreed. We should three methods of communication. I despise this nonsense, but it is necessary. The key to defeating these bills is well-organized and effective persuasion. A little money wouldn't hurt, either.

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    I know this probably goes without saying, but make sure you have REALLY GOOD passwords, and backup security questions, alternate email/cell#'s etc., configured for all accounts - to minimize any chance of accounts getting hacked, and speed up recovery of accounts in case it happens anyway.

tall.guy88

Ultimate Member
    Feb 9, 2013
    West Virginia
    I believe it. These hackers are anti gun. We are the minority in the world. The USA is the last place to be free. I hope the people wake up and protect their country.

NukeNick

Jan 27, 2013
    Cool beans.

Liked on FB. Followed on Twitter.

Twitter is pretty neat though even though I have yet to officially "tweet". If you are any sort of news junkie like I am than Twitter is a indispensable tool. Everytime an event in the world happens and I need info fast, Twitter gives it to me. Its worth making an account my friends. Besides you would already have one thing to be interested in following in MDShooters!

It doesnt matter what you want to keep up with, its on twitter.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    I signed up for FB a couple of years ago and rarely go there. Every time I do, the format has changed and I can't figure out how to use it. I have absolutely no idea how to use twitter. Don't even know what a hash tag is. Just here about it all the time. Always seemed like a big waste of time but I guess it is pertinent today.

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD
    I signed up for FB a couple of years ago and rarely go there. Every time I do, the format has changed and I can't figure out how to use it. I have absolutely no idea how to use twitter. Don't even know what a hash tag is. Just here about it all the time. Always seemed like a big waste of time but I guess it is pertinent today.

twitter Is like a text message that anyone can read.

think about how useful that is when directed at a politician.

T-Mac

Jan 8, 2013
    Social media serves a purpose. You can send a message in an instant to a large number of people. If you're a skeptic like me, give as little info as possible, be mindful of the pictures you post, and keep your profile private to those who are not in your network.

As a marketer, I deal with social media daily, and would be happy to help anyone with questions or concerns

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    78 more people and we have 4000 followers on FB.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom