• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • krashmania

Still dont know anything
    Feb 6, 2011
    churchville
    Alright, just picked up this lovely mini gb, and nothing against how it looks now, but I saw something on another forum that made me want it.

Any ideas on how to get the top pic to the bottom one? Not too concerned with the stainless barrel, that would give it some cool contrast. I'm more curious about relatively inexpensive stock suggestions and what suggestions you'd have for the scout type rail on the front there. Want to put some sort of low magnification optic up there eventually.

Also, curious how you guys think it would look with a short barrel strut, since the sight is so far back on this model, and even though that mini doesn't have one, a lot of the other m14 inspired ones I see do, and it looks awsome.

Attachments

• mini gb.jpg
      mini gb.jpg
      23.6 KB · Views: 229
    • socom mini.jpg
      socom mini.jpg
      98.4 KB · Views: 239

krashmania

Still dont know anything
    Feb 6, 2011
    churchville
    The more I look at the two, the more I wonder if that look would even work without getting the barrel chopped, cause mine sticks out way farther than that bottom picture...

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    You'd need to have a shorter barrel mini to pull of that look. I had my 16" tactical all dressed up, but decided to go to a wood stock with no regrets.
    That socom clone is not far off from a stock 16" tactical like this:
    images

Here is mine when it was in it's tacti-cool phase. I went for more of an EBR look than a socom look.
    6467907493_0449254354.jpg

krashmania

Still dont know anything
    Feb 6, 2011
    churchville
    I dont know why, but for some reason the mini just looks better to me with a traditional style stock as opposed to pistol grips.

krashmania

Still dont know anything
    Feb 6, 2011
    churchville
    Yeah, I think I'm gonna go with the hogue, that looks about like what I want, and is only like 60 bucks.

Then the mo-bar barrel strut thing, then the ultimak, then maybe that primary arms red dot, and I'll be in love.

Thanks! That's just about everything I had in mind

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co

krashmania

Still dont know anything
    Feb 6, 2011
    churchville
    Yeah, I can barely afford all the stuff I want to put on it as is, along with ammo, mags, and a sling for it.

Ain't no way I can afford to throw a ruger factory folding stock on this thing, then get a tactical as well. Heck, I only got this because it was a deal too good to pass up.

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    Yeah, I can barely afford all the stuff I want to put on it as is, along with ammo, mags, and a sling for it.

Ain't no way I can afford to throw a ruger factory folding stock on this thing, then get a tactical as well. Heck, I only got this because it was a deal too good to pass up.

You could always just shoot it the way it is until the budget allows. I've found after trying a couple optics that my mini is more fun to shoot with the irons.

Huckleberry

No One of Consequence
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Severn & Lewes

Butler Creek SS Folder can be found for about $70. Not as nice as the Ruger OEM but still nice and sturdy

krashmania

Still dont know anything
    Feb 6, 2011
    churchville
    You could always just shoot it the way it is until the budget allows. I've found after trying a couple optics that my mini is more fun to shoot with the irons.

I know, and I keep doing flip flopping back and forth, cause I want to buy a 22 pistol too, and I could totally buy one for what I'd spend on all that...

Hopalong

Man of Many Nicknames
    Jun 28, 2010
    Howard County
    Krash: I've got a Mini-30 in stainless with a black Hogue stock. You will not be disappointed. It feels great, looks great, and it fits very well too; if your barrel heat shield rattles at all with the factory stock, it'll be rock solid with the Hogue.

I've been toying around with getting one of the forward rail mounts, but for now I'm enjoying shooting it with just the iron sights.

krashmania

Still dont know anything
    Feb 6, 2011
    churchville
    I think the main reason I want to throw the hogue stock is just because of how slippery the wood one is.

Also, anyone have any suggestions for adding a couple inches to the LOP on a mini without putting a pistol grip and multi position stock on? I like the plain rifle style, but I feel so scrunched up on the thing.

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    I think the main reason I want to throw the hogue stock is just because of how slippery the wood one is.

Also, anyone have any suggestions for adding a couple inches to the LOP on a mini without putting a pistol grip and multi position stock on? I like the plain rifle style, but I feel so scrunched up on the thing.

Add a rubber butt pad like a limbsaver or something.

DarthZed

Ultimate Member
    Sep 25, 2010
    Howard County
    How expensive are replacement stocks? You could always get one, cut a section off the replacement and attach it to the real gun to extent the LOP. {shrug} kinda limited as to what you can do with a wood stock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Marty S.

Latest threads

Top Bottom