• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

kennyd

The "HOOK" guy
    Jul 28, 2012
    Westminster, MD
    I just looked at that site briefly. I noticed there doesn't seem to be a way to skip to the first unread post. That could be a game changer with our long winded and massive post per minute crew. How many threads do we have that can grow by 10 pages overnight.

Are you a member and if so where you logged in? ZF uses cookies to do this feature, it's pretty automatic just by clicking the thread title. Also when viewing the thread, there is a "jump to the latest" button that can be used if the cookies aren't updated.

Vetted84

Nov 8, 2016
    I just looked at that site briefly. I noticed there doesn't seem to be a way to skip to the first unread post. That could be a game changer with our long winded and massive post per minute crew. How many threads do we have that can grow by 10 pages overnight.

On the right side of the Garage Journal screen there is a "New Posts" button.

I'm on multiple forums power by Xenforo, they all have a "New Posts" button.

Arcamm

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Are you a member and if so where you logged in? ZF uses cookies to do this feature, it's pretty automatic just by clicking the thread title. Also when viewing the thread, there is a "jump to the latest" button that can be used if the cookies aren't updated.

On the right side of the Garage Journal screen there is a "New Posts" button.

I'm on multiple forums power by Xenforo, they all have a "New Posts" button.

I was not logged in, but I guess I should join. I do have a garage.

This is good. It's a must have feature for me.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    I was not logged in, but I guess I should join. I do have a garage.

This is good. It's a must have feature for me.

It's a good site. I enjoyed it for a while but took an almost one year sabbatical due to the way the mods run things that pissed me off.

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    My only real beef with Xenforo (the Glock Talk engine) is that is has a very aggressive text filter.

While MDS folks use salty language, we do it with measure and discretion, and I think that adds to our conversation. OTOH, I made a mention on Glock Talk about enjoying the "redskin potato salad" from the Amish market near me (their branding of the salad, not mine) and the post appeared as "******* potato salad", the filter mistaking the term for a derisive reference to, I presume, native Americans, and striking it. I HOPE we can tune out that sort of kindergarten hall monitor stuff should we go with Xenforo here.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    Happy to hear Tapatalk is staying. I like the clean, simple format.

I also like that when at work I can set taptalk to always use cellular data and thus never worry about browsing MDS on work wifi. I became more aware of that after 2020.

Sent from my SM-G986U1 using Tapatalk

Feb 28, 2013
    We are not going to do likes or upvotes.

This is not middle school and we already have enough worlds leading authorities on every subject without it then becoming a herd dopamine fix with likes.

There's this platform called Facebook if you need a dopamine fix.

It would serve one useful purpose. Its a good way for folks to learn who their enemies are and who not to trust with ever meeting in person

Feb 28, 2013
    How about not being able to see quotes of the person we have on ignore

Good idea

One truckin site I read once in a while had a two way iggy box. They called it the ignore feature on steroids. Way it worked was not only did you not see the target’s posts but they couldn’t see yours either

That’d be good to have here

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    That would be nice. I use it on every other site I look at

Same here. It's also my default on Gmail and among other apps.

It saves power for laptop and phone batteries as well as exposing you to less blue light that can interfere with sleep.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    I'd love to see the Top Ten Most Ignored list.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom