• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pushrod

Master Blaster
    Aug 8, 2007
    WV High Country
    The submarine is actually a between the world war submarines. There is a WWII submarine sunk in the Potomac, a German war prize. Navy EOD practice dives on the boat sunk off of point patience. Somtimes you will see a Navy ocean going type tug anchored off of the Navy Solomons, the divers support ship.

Your correct about the it being between wars.

I've also dove on the U-1105 panther in the Potomac twice. Both times the visibility was quite low. I've heard that every once in a while it clears up to 6-10' of vis.

Erno86

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 27, 2012
    Marriottsville, Maryland
    Could have been some surveyors, who tried to open up an stuck manhole lid with a heavy mall hammer and put a crack in the lid --- With vehicular traffic making the crack worse where it eventually fell in.

Erno86

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 27, 2012
    Marriottsville, Maryland
    I'm sure if any surveyor's had a cracked lid fall in to the manhole while working, they would have tried to standby and wait for traffic control to help out --- Which happened to one of our own survey crews one year. I will not try to open a manhole lid that has a crack already in it. Manhole lids must {if necessary} be hammered on the edges of the lid {not the center} in order to loosen up the cover so you can "pop it."

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    Could have been some surveyors, who tried to open up an stuck manhole lid with a heavy mall hammer and put a crack in the lid --- With vehicular traffic making the crack worse where it eventually fell in.

I'm sure if any surveyor's had a cracked lid fall in to the manhole while working, they would have tried to standby and wait for traffic control to help out --- Which happened to one of our own survey crews one year. I will not try to open a manhole lid that has a crack already in it. Manhole lids must {if necessary} be hammered on the edges of the lid {not the center} in order to loosen up the cover so you can "pop it."
    If it did fell in.. they would have seen signs of it falling on the catwalk underneath the bridge what not.

Who would survey in the middle of the night any ways.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom