• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Man, yesterday was the pits. I still managed to enjoy my range time, but damn.

I took the day off work, loaded a bunch of guns, and went to the range. The intention was to test out a 120gr GD ladder for my 6.5 grendel Howa so that I'd be ready for gun season. Yeah, I left the box of reloads on my loading bench. At the end of the session I realized I left all my 38spc/357 back home too, for my 27-2. At least I remembered the ammo for my AR, -03, G17, buckmark, and Cz82.

Early on, bending over to pickup some brass, I stood up and SLAMMED by temple right into a wood beam. Huge goose egg on my forehead and I had to lay my head on the bench for a few minutes. Nausea and headache last night before bed, but cleared up this morning (and no vomiting, dizziness after the initial couple minutes of it). So probably no concussion, but ouch.

The 1903-a3 continues to impress me though. I printed about a 1.2" 7 shot group at 50yds with my handloads. That was on a pie plate with a tiny little yellow dot I couldn't really see at 50yds, so I was shooting center of pie plate. 4 rounds touching and 3 rounds touching.

And my buddy was there so I got to talk to him for awhile too, which is always nice.

But now I need to make another trip back soon, because I NEED to get the grendel load tested. And not a lot of time to test it in. A ton of work this month, and I have almost half the rest of the month off between time I am spending with family, GF, and planned sitting in my backyard stand, looking for the big one.

River02

One Ping Only...
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 19, 2015
    Mid-Maryland
    Well...damn--- sorry about the noggin bing. But it still sounds like an overall win. "Any day shooting beats a day working"... and all that. Here's wishing you better days ahead sir--

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Well...damn--- sorry about the noggin bing. But it still sounds like an overall win. "Any day shooting beats a day working"... and all that. Here's wishing you better days ahead sir--
    Lol. Since I don't think I got a concussion or cracked my skull, I am going with "it was still a nice day".

Also, thanks!

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    One-o-them days, Lol.

(Glad to hear about a GF?)
    I'd go with yes good news there. She is fantastic. When I talked with her later in the day she had a hard time taking her nursing hat off with concern.

I told her where it happened cringing waiting for "oh, you were at a shooting range. I guess this is over".

She knows I hunt and own guns. Heck, we've talked about me hunting some and she is interested. She'd love to watch me dress and butcher a deer at some point to get an idea of the anatomy.

But she is also liberal (but apolitical). So, sort of waiting for "guns bad" to come out.

Then again, talking last night, I brought that up that it was a worry of mine that she is going to decide me hunting and owning guns was a problem.

"I eat meat. And I am a nurse. And I am a gun owner too. Why would you hunting or owning guns be a problem for me?"

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    The best way to get over someone is to get under someone.....:moon:
    I mean, so long as it isn't a bad choice in who you are getting under...

Good work buddy jumped right out of his divorce immediately in to the wrong chick. Married her. They were talking about an annulment the next week. They are just now going through the process of divorcing almost 4 years later....

Happens sometimes when you move too fast, or you don't abide by red flags, or you can't process your emotions for crap.

I am being real mindful of that.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I'd go with yes good news there. She is fantastic. When I talked with her later in the day she had a hard time taking her nursing hat off with concern.

I told her where it happened cringing waiting for "oh, you were at a shooting range. I guess this is over".

She knows I hunt and own guns. Heck, we've talked about me hunting some and she is interested. She'd love to watch me dress and butcher a deer at some point to get an idea of the anatomy.

But she is also liberal (but apolitical). So, sort of waiting for "guns bad" to come out.

Then again, talking last night, I brought that up that it was a worry of mine that she is going to decide me hunting and owning guns was a problem.

"I eat meat. And I am a nurse. And I am a gun owner too. Why would you hunting or owning guns be a problem for me?"
    Hey, my wife was a vegetarian when we first started dating. :shrug:

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    I went to range once and forgot to put my mags in my range bags. That was a fun 2 hour roundtrip. I guess I could have tried to borrow mags but that's just awkward. I definitely yelled, F**K!!!!!!! then left.

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    I went to range once and forgot to put my mags in my range bags. That was a fun 2 hour roundtrip. I guess I could have tried to borrow mags but that's just awkward. I definitely yelled, F**K!!!!!!! then left.

****Yikes. How about the time I loaded up an ass ton of mags for a far off range to practice IDPA stuff with my Glock 34's only to find I had loaded up smaller G19 mags that don't fit in that gun.... :sad20: and had NO compatible mags as my friends all sat around laughing at me because they all had Sigs or 1911's - literally anything you can think of other than a Glock...

That was a bummer. I did get to borrow a few guns, but just like borrowing someone's hot 22 year old girlfriend in trade for my 44 year old well used one - it just wasn't the same! Not all was lost as I did get to try some different platforms (guns, not heels..duh..), and someone brought cupcakes!!!

37kz0z-3290618053.jpg

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Yeah my range bag has a 10 round STANAG and a 10/22 mag in it.

Most of my long guns I store with an empty magazine in them. But my 10/22 and AR might need use quickly and I don't want to drop an empty mag to insert a loaded mag in that case. I've left to many a magazine at home. Of and a G17 magazine too.

Because my bed side gun is a G17, and I unloaded it before tucking it in a range bag.

remrug

Ultimate Member
    Mar 13, 2009
    manchester md

Good work buddy jumped right out of his divorce immediately in to the wrong chick. Married her. They were talking about an annulment the next week. They are just now going through the process of divorcing almost 4 years later....

Happens sometimes when you move too fast, or you don't abide by red flags, or you can't process your emotions for crap.

Yup....gotta be smart about it, but I still think its a great tool for getting over a loss. I got divorced in 2001, then let loose for awhile. It took me about 15 years to meet someone I wanted to marry and did so in 2020. If I would have met her anywhere close to 2001 it never would have worked. Now she is my best friend.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    had a bad start saturday before my match as well. pulled the front door shut and then realized the 'bulge' in my pocket was my knife and not my keys! locksmith wasn't open for a few hours. then remembered an 800# sticker on my car's windshield. but without reading glasses, plus it was still dark, couldn't read it. fortunately had my phone but the camera wouldn't focus on the clear sticker. so put my finger up there and got it to focus. the 800 folks were able to remotely unlock my car and i had a spare key so all was finally well again and i made the match!

at the match my c-more lost zero for the 2nd time in a couple of matches so that didn't go well.

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    Man, yesterday was the pits. I still managed to enjoy my range time, but damn.

I took the day off work, loaded a bunch of guns, and went to the range. The intention was to test out a 120gr GD ladder for my 6.5 grendel Howa so that I'd be ready for gun season. Yeah, I left the box of reloads on my loading bench. At the end of the session I realized I left all my 38spc/357 back home too, for my 27-2. At least I remembered the ammo for my AR, -03, G17, buckmark, and Cz82.

Early on, bending over to pickup some brass, I stood up and SLAMMED by temple right into a wood beam. Huge goose egg on my forehead and I had to lay my head on the bench for a few minutes. Nausea and headache last night before bed, but cleared up this morning (and no vomiting, dizziness after the initial couple minutes of it). So probably no concussion, but ouch.

The 1903-a3 continues to impress me though. I printed about a 1.2" 7 shot group at 50yds with my handloads. That was on a pie plate with a tiny little yellow dot I couldn't really see at 50yds, so I was shooting center of pie plate. 4 rounds touching and 3 rounds touching.

And my buddy was there so I got to talk to him for awhile too, which is always nice.

But now I need to make another trip back soon, because I NEED to get the grendel load tested. And not a lot of time to test it in. A ton of work this month, and I have almost half the rest of the month off between time I am spending with family, GF, and planned sitting in my backyard stand, looking for the big one.
    so this is like tripping and busting your arsh but not spilling a drop of your drink, right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom