• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BigDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 7, 2014
    I believe it is a possible 3 year sentence should he be found guilty, thereby prohibiting him from ever owning another firearm unless he obtains a pardon from the Maryland Governor. Not even sure he violated any law, but the drama can be cut with a knife.

OP congrats on the birth of your daughter. As I remember it my wife didn't sleep the last trimester, which means I didn't either.

Now while agree with fabsroman that Newbies should be NOT be discouraged from asking any question, his response that he isn't sure any law has been violated but a 3 year sentece is possible is far from helpful.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    Calling bs on this.
    Ya better re read where his use of my name is in that paragraph. And the sentence after the invocation. Further down in the paragraph mighta worked.

Lets go to the range fabs.

He called me out too. I never said he was a troll. But life is too short for petty stuff.
    we all know you and we know you are an Ernest responsible gun owner. Period.

You have nothing to prove.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Calling bs on this.
    Ya better re read where his use of my name is in that paragraph. And the sentence after the invocation. Further down in the paragraph mighta worked.

Lets go to the range fabs.

lol - if that is a challenge, you better talk to a couple people that have actually seen me shoot. Breaking less than a 20 on the trap range is a bad day for me. lol

Honestly, everything after where I posted SNI was meant as a vast generalization. If I meant to continue on referring to you, I would have used SHE and referred directly to you, instead of Most, etc.

My ENTIRE point is that we do not want to run people like you off the board because you happen to be new to shooting or guns. A noob could very well turn out to be a SNI. Now, are you going to tell me that prior to January 1, 2013, you owned a plethora of firearms, knew how to use them, and knew what the majority of gun laws were?

Kind of amazing that I post something to try to bring this community together and welcome noobs, and it turns into a drama fest. This is the crap that confirms my belief that we need Jesus from above just to unite the gun community in this state. Actually, we might need the entire Trinity to accomplish it.

The most incredible thing is that I was over your place on Saturday and you were over my place on Sunday, yet you think I am going to write something derogatory about you. I am honestly shaking my head.

Lord help the noobs.

SNI, if you were offended, I apologize, but next time text or call me if that is the case.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    OP congrats on the birth of your daughter. As I remember it my wife didn't sleep the last trimester, which means I didn't either.

Now while agree with fabsroman that Newbies should be NOT be discouraged from asking any question, his response that he isn't sure any law has been violated but a 3 year sentece is possible is far from helpful.

There is no case law on this matter. ZERO. Why do you think there are trials on stuff like this, because there is no Yes or No answer. Take Chow v. State for instance. The trial judge found Chow guilty. The Maryland Court of Special Appeals affirmed the trial court. The Maryland Court of Appeals overturned the Court of Special Appeals and remanded to the trial court and this was all about how to interpret the word TRANSFER. If that was clear as day, why did it have to go all the way to the Court of Appeals?

Well, with the matter at hand, there is an issue as to whether the OP actually purchased the mag and whether there was a constructive transfer from the FFL to him when he instructed the FFL to ship it out of state to a friend where he could pick it up from said friend. There just isn't anything on point regarding this that I know of. If everything was black and white, there would be a lot fewer trials. Problem is, the laws are always changing, and as a result they need to be interpreted sometimes when they are not clear.

Heck, we don't even know all the facts, and OP, do NOT set forth anymore facts in this thread.

Anybody else have a clear answer to this one?

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Geez.

OP needs to beat his AR into plowshares and find a different hobby. For the rest, flush this entire thread.

Oct 21, 2008
    St Mary's
    Yeah.. this thread went really weird.

131443075153-Abandon_thread_Jim.gif

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 24, 2012
    Escaped MD-stan to WNC Smokies
    I know you have all fielded this question before, even from myself so I am very sorry to ask again but I really need a sanity check so I do not go crazy. Quickly here is the back-story:

Before the new gun laws came into affect, I ordered an AR15 and asked them twice to remove the 30 round magazine. They said yes both times but didn't. The FFL said he could ship the magazine to someone I knew in VA and I could pick it up legally. I was worried that was not right and I asked the board here and everyone said it was legal. I read the law and it seemed consistent with what everyone was saying. So that is what I did and drove it back to PG county.

Fast forward some months and the lawyer at my gun club at work was going over the new gun laws and he got to the section on detachable magazines and he mentioned it was illegal to go to another state and buy magazine and transport it back. He pointed to the word "transfer" in the line " A person may not manufacture, sell, offer for sale, purchase, receive, or transfer a detachable magazine ...."

So I freak out. My job depends on me being in good legal standing. But on this board and on other sites it says it is legal. To me the context of the magazine part of the law is on possession. So transfer must mean transfer possession not just movement of something. If hypothetically it did mean movement and not change of ownership of a magazine greater than 10 rounds, because it doesn't say "transfer into the state" or something similar, then it would make it illegal to flat out move your magazine. To your car, to the gun range, out of the safe, whatever. Which is crazy. So it has to mean transfer as in ownership. So I don't see how it could be illegal but I am bothered that he was a lawyer from a gun club who said it was illegal. So it is really bothering me that there is some "other" law that he knew about or a county law or something. Or that "transfer" really does mean "movement". I don't want to pay a lot of money that I don't have to consult a lawyer but I don't want to keep on worrying about this and it really is keeping me up at nights. Maybe I'm just more sensitive than most but I am just going around in circles wondering if I broke the law and what to do next.

I really could use some help and something pretty conclusive that I can lean on. I'm freaking out just a little. Thank you!!

This state, and the libtards running it, make me physically ill. The only thing that exceeds my pleasure you got your question here answered is my relief my family and I have settlement behind us on our escape home, in another state; which is exceeded only by my utter, literal and visceral contempt for the pos's passing these ridiculous pieces of legislation. Making honest, law-abiding citizens crazy with fright, while kowtowing to the criminal element . . . :puke2:

Anyway, best o' success!

CnC

Ultimate Member
    Nov 3, 2012
    An excellent reason not to post any more particulars. Exercise your constitutional right.

Oh, I agree 100% on that front no doubt. Always post questions like these in a non specific "general scenario" manner, that's just smart policy on the interwebs :thumbsup:

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Ok. I read all the posts and I am very concerned as it seems this isn't so open and shut.

Just to clear it up, I am a sensitive person when it comes to these things and I always try to do the right thing, which I tried to do from the very start of this whole horrible situation. And I never want to hide the truth. If I need to turn myself in, I would do that rather than hide something. I am just terrified at the result.

I'll pm all those who asked questions since it seems I really shouldn't be mentioning too much.

Thanks again. . .

C'mon…this is horseshiit. We are being played:

"OH I AM SOOOOOOOOOOO SENSITIVE!!!!….. OMG!!! ….. I COULD HARDLY BREATHE SO I SMASHED MY AR MAG/CLIP INTO THOUSANDS OF PIECES WITH A HAMMER….. AND I NEVER WANT TO HIDE THE TRUTH……. AND SO I NEED TO TURN MYSELF IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!….I AM JUST TERRIFIED!!!!!!!…..HELP ME!!!!……."

Spare me the estrogen histrionics. How many think this "guy" ordered an AR online and that an FFL sent the mag into MD and OMG!!!!! this happened?

It's been fun, but there are some truly frightening things happening in this country right now and this OMG Bacon Boy is using up our data plans...

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    lol - if that is a challenge, you better talk to a couple people that have actually seen me shoot. Breaking less than a 20 on the trap range is a bad day for me. lol

Honestly, everything after where I posted SNI was meant as a vast generalization. If I meant to continue on referring to you, I would have used SHE and referred directly to you, instead of Most, etc.

My ENTIRE point is that we do not want to run people like you off the board because you happen to be new to shooting or guns. A noob could very well turn out to be a SNI. Now, are you going to tell me that prior to January 1, 2013, you owned a plethora of firearms, knew how to use them, and knew what the majority of gun laws were?

Kind of amazing that I post something to try to bring this community together and welcome noobs, and it turns into a drama fest. This is the crap that confirms my belief that we need Jesus from above just to unite the gun community in this state. Actually, we might need the entire Trinity to accomplish it.

The most incredible thing is that I was over your place on Saturday and you were over my place on Sunday, yet you think I am going to write something derogatory about you. I am honestly shaking my head.

Lord help the noobs.

SNI, if you were offended, I apologize, but next time text or call me if that is the case.

That was not a challenge over who is a better shot in a particular type of firearm. It was an invitation to see for yourself that I indeed know how to shoot. :)

I am not a competitive shooter and have no intention of becoming one. I am in it for self defense.

Feb 28, 2013

I dunno about with a shotgun, but SNI does purty damn good with a rifle.

Ask her once how she did with one of MY rifles.:envy:

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    That was not a challenge over who is a better shot in a particular type of firearm. It was an invitation to see for yourself that I indeed know how to shoot. :)

I am not a competitive shooter and have no intention of becoming one. I am in it for self defense.

See, I don't have any doubt about whether you know how to shoot a gun. Simply put, my example was meant to convey that noobs can turn out to be an SNI, and we need more people like SNI.

Damn, today is just one of the drama filled days. Hoping something turns into a pumpkin at midnight. lol

Lastly, competition is supposed to simulate the stress you would be under during a defensive scenario. Punching paper when there isn't any stress means when your life is on the line, things can seem vastly different. Much easier to deal with stressful situations when your body is accustomed to working through them under stress. At least that is what I hear. I would love to get back into competitive shooting, especially clays and give 3 gun a shot, but the time just isn't there nowadays.

:sign13:

Was looking for an emoticon with a white flag for "truce" but that is the best I can come up with. It should work though.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Fabs? No, he's got, like, 11 kids.

I have 3 kids, and no employer. I am free and happy as can be. Wait until the 3rd one is in school and then life is grand. I wouldn't change anything with my life, other than having salami, mortadella, prosciutto, parmesano, and gorgonzola in the fridge a little more often. My wife doesn't buy the stuff all that often, but she did pick me up some kalamatta olives this past weekend and there are still some in the fridge. SNACK BREAK!!!!!!!!!!!! Going to have to make a trip to Trinacria in my Abrams tank sometime soon.

CnC

Ultimate Member
    Nov 3, 2012
    I have 3 kids, and no employer. I am free and happy as can be. Wait until the 3rd one is in school and then life is grand. I wouldn't change anything with my life, other than having salami, mortadella, prosciutto, parmesano, and gorgonzola in the fridge a little more often. My wife doesn't buy the stuff all that often, but she did pick me up some kalamatta olives this past weekend and there are still some in the fridge. SNACK BREAK!!!!!!!!!!!! Going to have to make a trip to Trinacria in my Abrams tank sometime soon.

I'm sitting here eating ketchup packets and fortune cookies, while drinking Miller High Life.

"salami, mortadella, prosciutto, parmesano, and gorgonzola... kalamata olives"...

indeed... in-freaking-deed...:sad20::D

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    C'mon…this is horseshiit. We are being played:

"OH I AM SOOOOOOOOOOO SENSITIVE!!!!….. OMG!!! ….. I COULD HARDLY BREATHE SO I SMASHED MY AR MAG/CLIP INTO THOUSANDS OF PIECES WITH A HAMMER….. AND I NEVER WANT TO HIDE THE TRUTH……. AND SO I NEED TO TURN MYSELF IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!….I AM JUST TERRIFIED!!!!!!!…..HELP ME!!!!……."

Spare me the estrogen histrionics. How many think this "guy" ordered an AR online and that an FFL sent the mag into MD and OMG!!!!! this happened?

It's been fun, but there are some truly frightening things happening in this country right now and this OMG Bacon Boy is using up our data plans...

Yup... rack is on a roll.. first destroy evidence then self incriminate,then surrender...
    All with a newborn... its odd for sure..

Anyway as fabs said we need case law.... maybe he will get us some..

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom