• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hooligan82

Ultimate Member
    Nov 2, 2011
    Baltimore county
    The battery in my dive computer failed and I need to find a replacement locally tomorrow if possible. I have two spare batteries that are also both dead. Does anyone know of a store near Parkville that sells them?

Here is a more detailed description from the manufactures website of requirements:
    What type of batteries can I use in the Predator?

The recommended battery is the 3.6V Saft LS14500 battery.

Other 3.6V Lithium Thionyl-Chloride batteries are possible, but may not provide adequate performance. Many batteries of this type cannot provide enough current to run the Predator. Batteries should be rated to provide a continuous output current of at least 50mA. For example, the Saft LS14500C (note the “C”) does NOT work because it is only rated to 25mA continuous.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    I believe there is a Battery Warehouse @Joppa Rd and Perring Parkway. I'm not sure but I've heard they have just about any battery you could want there.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Buy Saft if you can. They are top-shelf primary batteries (low discharge rate in your case) for industrial and military applications. Most "alternatives" are unreliable Chinese junk, unless a quality brand like Panasonic Industrial or Sanyo.

Call local dive shops in the morning, like Diver's Den and Scuba Hut.

hooligan82

Ultimate Member
    Nov 2, 2011
    Baltimore county
    Buy Saft if you can. They are top-shelf primary batteries (low discharge rate in your case) for industrial and military applications. Most "alternatives" are unreliable Chinese junk, unless a quality brand like Panasonic Industrial or Sanyo.

Call local dive shops in the morning, like Diver's Den and Scuba Hut.
    Thanks for the info. I'll check, but this is a rare battery for a dive computer. I was thinking maybe a vaping store might sell them. I'm not sure about that though.
    :) They were giving free batteries away, without charge, at the county landfill…..
    I have 3 of them at the moment. I'm not really in the market of any more. ;)

hooligan82

Ultimate Member
    Nov 2, 2011
    Baltimore county
    You guys rock. I got two saft ls14500 batteries from batteries plus bulbs. I figured they'd be 15-20 per battery. They were only 10 a piece. They have a really good selection as well.

Thanks again everyone, especially dontpanic.

Does anyone know if these are rechargeable? If so is there a specific charger that you would recommend?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom