Spark for pushing National constitutional carry?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    And since the GOP didn't foolishly kill the filibuster while not having 60 seats, they had to suffer the fact that Chuck Schumer is still basically able to limit any and all Senate legislative movement to only what he wants. That hasn't changed. Without clawing back quite a few more seats (never mind the house), we're no more able to put through things like the HPA or reciprocity now than we were even when holding both houses but not 60 senate seats. Folks don't seem to understand this. Less than 60 seats means that F-in' Chucky can scuttle anything he wants to see killed.

We've had this same tired conversation before.

The (R)'s are incapable of playing hardball with Chuckie.

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    Politics doesn't change the fact that 60 is a bigger number than 54. When the opposing party sees 100% obstruction as a strategic imperative (as the GOP has themselves seen it, when in the minority) it IS about the math, full stop.

And $25 mil in pork projects for select districts buys a lot of grease for those objections...

Or a very plumb job for a senator's kid at a company owned by a friend.

Face it, had the (R)'s wanted it and weren't so incompetent, they could have gotten it.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    You’re actually backing Dem initiatives and pork extortion measured only in tens of millions or some back room job arrangements? Do you understand how much of the party people like Bloomberg totally fund? That’s what you’d have to overcome: a party that’s relying on him to do things like keep Virginia’s state house in D hands (and similar stuff all around the country). You’re not going to combat that with a little corrupt pork in the name of legislation that a major D sugar daddy tells them will turn off that spigot.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    It's very unlikely , and much more likely to go the other way . Not because of Federalism issues, but political reality .

The Federalism vs State's Rights thing has long been a dead horse , and theres been a metric butt ton of overreaching Federal Laws/ mandates since at least the New Deal era . Establishing National Con Carry would be way more Constitutionally complient than huge existing segments of federal and state governments . But politically nevah gonna happen .

OLM-Medic

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 5, 2010
    If the right were to retake both house come November do you think they would make a push for it? I personally think with recent events they might.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not a chance.

The republican party is worthless, unless one day we get some real fearless leaders in there.

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    You’re actually backing Dem initiatives and pork extortion measured only in tens of millions or some back room job arrangements? Do you understand how much of the party people like Bloomberg totally fund? That’s what you’d have to overcome: a party that’s relying on him to do things like keep Virginia’s state house in D hands (and similar stuff all around the country). You’re not going to combat that with a little corrupt pork in the name of legislation that a major D sugar daddy tells them will turn off that spigot.

We will not agree.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    Too many puzzy Republicans , or politicians that have no balls . I want to see more Constructionist as our leaders that take no chit from anyone SD Governor a perfect example on what a leader is to do . She has more balls then most of the GOP and i would vote her president over Trump and that is for real .

But folks there will be no National Carry thingy for any of us "ever"

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    We will not agree.

We may not agree, but we can be specific about why. I'm being as specific as I can be about how not having a filibuster-proof majority is a show stopper, and especially on matters where one of the D's major party-wide funding sources says there shall be zero movement on legislation like we're talking about, or else Chuck and Nancy will have to explain to hundreds of D candidates at every level of governance why they're burning that bridge. You're saying a bit of pork and an internship job gets around that. If we don't agree, it's not because both takes on this are equally based in reality.

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    Politics doesn't change the fact that 60 is a bigger number than 54. When the opposing party sees 100% obstruction as a strategic imperative (as the GOP has themselves seen it, when in the minority) it IS about the math, full stop.

My takeaway is that in the past deals have been made for one side to gain ground on an issue. What deals would or could have been made to sway 6 democrat senators to vote for any 2A preservation laws. I don’t know, but I suspect the bigger issue is that there may have been more than 6 republicans senators who wouldn’t support the effort either, and for this reason were better off not even having to expose their lack of support.

My guess the math is more likely 40 senators in total at most that would actually support CC.

PJS

Heavy
    Feb 4, 2014
    Baltimore
    A national carry permit? Not likely.

States being required to recognize other states' permits/licenses? Maybe someday. The 19th amendment seems to be in favor. States recognize other states drivers licenses. But states don't recognize professional licenses from other states (like a real estate license). Using the argument against national reciprocity of professional licensing, there are many state specific issues a licensee needs to know. Real estate is a great example of this. Just because I'm licensed in MD doesn't mean I know anything about VA real estate regulations, and it's reasonable for VA to have a set of standards that differ from MD. I think there's an argument to be made there because states have so many different gun regulations.

(I don't like it, I don't think you should need permission from the government to carry a gun, but this is the world we're in.)

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    A national carry permit? Not likely.

States being required to recognize other states' permits/licenses? Maybe someday. The 19th amendment seems to be in favor. States recognize other states drivers licenses. But states don't recognize professional licenses from other states (like a real estate license). Using the argument against national reciprocity of professional licensing, there are many state specific issues a licensee needs to know. Real estate is a great example of this. Just because I'm licensed in MD doesn't mean I know anything about VA real estate regulations, and it's reasonable for VA to have a set of standards that differ from MD. I think there's an argument to be made there because states have so many different gun regulations.

(I don't like it, I don't think you should need permission from the government to carry a gun, but this is the world we're in.)

National Constitutional Carry... should NEVER involve any "permitting process".

Not EVER.

To do so would grant a federal agency power which is NOT given to them in the 2A.

Constitutional Carry should simply mean that the sole carry permit for every law abiding citizen... IS the 2A

Harrys

Short Round
    Jul 12, 2014
    SOMD
    I’m not sure if this has been talked about in the Kenosha thread or not, but what do you guys think about this (the Kyle Rittenhouse self defense shooting) possibly being what pushes them to pass national constitutional carry laws?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

National carry will happen when woodpeckers have rubber beaks or when white black birds have green butt holes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom