• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Patrick

MSI Executive Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Calvert County
    If you are from Baltimore City, you need to call and get into your Delegate offices ASAP. Do not assume anything. That includes the idea they support this bill.

This is important. Don't wait. Get it done ASAP, please. They need to hear from you.

They got AstroTurf gun control people visiting them now. If you can get down there tomorrow, you must do so. This thing is probably over by the end of the week. Now or never.

Focus on the delegates who are members of Judiciary and HGO.

Delegate Wade Kach (Baltimore County), 410-841-3359
    Delegate Curt Anderson (Baltimore City), 410-841-3291
    Delegate Nathaniel Oakes (Baltimore City), 410-841-3283
    Delegate Jill Carter (Baltimore City), 410-841-3268
    Delegate Eric Bromwell (Baltimore County), 410-841-3766

Straightshooter

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2010
    Baltimore County
    If you are from Baltimore City, you need to call and get into your Delegate offices ASAP. Do not assume anything. That includes the idea they support this bill.

This is important. Don't wait. Get it done ASAP, please. They need to hear from you.

They got AstroTurf gun control people visiting them now. If you can get down there tomorrow, you must do so. This thing is probably over by the end of the week. Now or never.

Focus on the delegates who are members of Judiciary and HGO.

Delegate Wade Kach (Baltimore County), 410-841-3359
    Delegate Curt Anderson (Baltimore City), 410-841-3291
    Delegate Nathaniel Oakes (Baltimore City), 410-841-3283
    Delegate Jill Carter (Baltimore City), 410-841-3268
    Delegate Eric Bromwell (Baltimore County), 410-841-3766

Save time. Take Del Wade Kach off the list. He always has been and always will be against any and all anti gun bills. He's 100% against this one.

fightinbluhen51

"Quack Pot Call Honker"
    Oct 31, 2008
    I just spoke with Bromwell's office (he's my delegate) and he said OPPOSED outright before I could even get into my spiel.

Also got Jill Carter's office on the phone and they said she is still a leaner. Has had "people from inside her district supporting the bill." Told the guy that I understand, but this impacts all of Maryland when it comes out of her committee.

nedsurf

Ultimate Member
    Feb 8, 2013
    I will be calling tomorrow possibly visiting in person. I will bring up that there is NOWHERE within the city to complete the live fire requirement. I believe that Chicago got sued for something similar to this recently. I will also bring up the high rate of home invasion crimes in the city typically committed by multiple suspects.

hecto

Aug 6, 2010
    Is there a reason Samuel Rosenberg isn't listed? He's D41 like Carter and Oaks, and on the Judiciary committee as far as I can tell.

hecto

Aug 6, 2010
    Someone is taking calls at Oaks' number this afternoon - it rang for 20 seconds or so, but I did actually speak to someone to leave a message for him. She indicated they are taking tallies for and against, but didn't actually take any of my information identifying who or where I am.

Even though he wasn't listed in this call to action, I did leave a message for Samuel Rosenberg via his staffer, who answered at (410) 841-3297.

River Mud

Mar 19, 2013
    I have been hammering Anderson's office for literally weeks now, with absolutely zero response. I have evaded the email bots, left VMs, faxes, and numerous emails appealing to the "legal citizens living in a war zone" issue. Written entire emails without using the words "guns" "violence" or "281." And specifically discussing that the community he most wants to help with the gun violence issue will NOT see an ounce of positive impact as a result of 281's passage.

My understanding is that he agrees with all of that, and totally understands that 281 is simply a legislative reaction to Newtown that has little to do with Baltimore City, but yet he is still inclined to vote FOR 281. :envy:

occbrian

Ultimate Member
    Jan 3, 2013
    in a cave
    I have been hammering Anderson's office for literally weeks now, with absolutely zero response. I have evaded the email bots, left VMs, faxes, and numerous emails appealing to the "legal citizens living in a war zone" issue. Written entire emails without using the words "guns" "violence" or "281." And specifically discussing that the community he most wants to help with the gun violence issue will NOT see an ounce of positive impact as a result of 281's passage.

My understanding is that he agrees with all of that, and totally understands that 281 is simply a legislative reaction to Newtown that has little to do with Baltimore City, but yet he is still inclined to vote FOR 281. :envy:

I witnessed Anderson tell Del. Kelly to his face that he would vote to remove the AWB.

We'll see what happens.

JasonB

Ultimate Member
    Sep 4, 2012
    Belcamp
    Its possible some of them are no longer stating any position because the Gov twisted their arm at the latest democrat meeting.

elwojo

File not found: M:/Liberty.exe
    Dec 23, 2012
    Baltimore, Maryland
    I have been writing my two representatives in the Judiciary and HGO Committees - and I actually got a real response from their chief of staff not too long ago saying that Delegate Clippinger wanted to talk to me sometime today. This is WAAAAAY more than I have received from any Delegate or Senator.

Here's to hoping that the phone call comes through sometime tonight!

This was his automatic-type reply (which barely addressed my asking why assault weapons were in this bill at all):

Good afternoon Mr. -,

Thank you for sharing your concerns with me in regards to the Firearms Safety Act of 2013. I have received many emails and phone calls from passionate constituents on both sides of this issue. Over the past few weeks, the House Judiciary Committee heard witnesses testify for and against H.B. 294 for over 24 hours. I listened to the testimony both on the Governor’s bill and on other bills that address regulated firearms.

I have also spoken with constituents who came to Annapolis who oppose the Governor’s bill. The debate regarding this legislation is underway in the Judiciary Committee as we seek to craft the best legislation we can to prevent the straw purchases of regulated firearms, and prevent people with severe mental illness from purchasing firearms. Our discussions have been frank and direct. While I have not always agreed with what I have heard, your emails and those conversations have been helpful. I will continue to work with my colleagues in the House to craft the most sensible, common sense legislation in order to prevent gun violence while respecting the rights of all Marylanders.

Thank you for sharing your opinion and I hope you continue to do so in the future.

Best,

Luke

elwojo

File not found: M:/Liberty.exe
    Dec 23, 2012
    Baltimore, Maryland
    And a one hour talk with him confirms that he sees no problem with any part of SB281 - although he can understand why I am against it. I just regret not asking him one question: "Do you think that this bill goes against your oath of office to protect the Constitution?"

Damn it...

River Mud

Mar 19, 2013
    Its possible some of them are no longer stating any position because the Gov twisted their arm at the latest democrat meeting.

I am pretty new to politics and I learned just a year ago that there's a huge bit of professional courtesy between "vocally oppose" and "will not support, but will not speak to the press or opponents about the issue."

If that's all that O'Malley can solicit from his fellow Dems right now, I'm proud to be a part of that.

nedsurf

Ultimate Member
    Feb 8, 2013
    Can someone point me in the right direction for the data that shows 70% of Baltimore's murders are committed by convicted felons? I am looking to add this to my spiel.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Can someone point me in the right direction for the data that shows 70% of Baltimore's murders are committed by convicted felons? I am looking to add this to my spiel.

(Known) suspects with criminal records: 79.1 percent
    Suspects with drug arrests: 61.6 percent
    Suspects on parole and probation at time of killing: 23.3 percent
    Suspects arrested for prior gun crimes: 45.3 percent

Victims with criminal records: 82.3 percent
    Victims with drug arrests: 68.4 percent
    Victims on parole and probation at time of death: 24.2 percent
    Victims arrested for prior gun crimes: 37.7 percent

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/20...1_drug-arrests-baltimore-homicides-gun-crimes

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    roth405

Latest threads

Top Bottom