• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC
    May he rest in peace. It is because of Splitter that I can no longer look a lima bean in the eye without laughing.

That will forever be his legacy. I know for a fact he did great things and was a hell of a writer.....that lima bean was epic. I think he'd be okay with that.

:D

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    I never met him, but I really liked him and enjoyed his posts. Somewhere there's a thread where he posts about some of his accidents and mishaps: really hilarious stuff.

But the lima bean story was the best. I was just thinking about that the other day. Is it still accessible on his blog?

I am really sorry to hear of his passing. I will remember him.

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    RIP. Even though I haven't met the guy, he will be missed from MDS.

Condolences to the family and friends. :(

a81lp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 15, 2008
    This is very sad news. He always had hilarious post, and an awesome sense of humor. He will be missed. RIP brother

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=37603

I have spent the last hour trying to find the "Lima Bean" story. I found the thread it was posted in but I couldn't find it on his blog. The link above is the thread where the infamous story was shared with the MDS community. If anyone else can locate it please let me know. It's worth another read.

Post #9 has the link to Splitters blog.

On another note I just ordered several hard copies of Splitters 2 books. I already had them on Kindle but wanted hard copies. I will be doing a Karma thread when they arrive.

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    May he rest in peace. It is because of Splitter that I can no longer look a lima bean in the eye without laughing.

That will forever be his legacy. I know for a fact he did great things and was a hell of a writer.....that lima bean was epic. I think he'd be okay with that.

:D

One of the funniest, alkward, almost unbelievable stories of life that I've ever heard.:lol2:

I gotta hear that story one day.

Was best to hear it from the horse's mouth.

Big City PM'd me about Splitter's death before I got to this thread. My heart jus' sunk into my chest upon reading BC's first sentence of the PM. Splitter and I were fairly close friends and will cherish the times we had together. I hope Ms Splitter and family handles this as well as can be expected.

RIP Splitter (tears on cheeks). :sad53:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    lsmitty67

Latest threads

Top Bottom