• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chief5

Aug 13, 2009
    Brunswick
    Hello, I was looking for a way to get information out to all the hunters and gun lovers just like me. The information is about this great year long gun raffle we have at the fire department, well its a Sportsmans Calendar. It cost $50 and you get two four digit numbers on the calendar and you have those numbers all year and what determines our winner is the Maryland Pick four evening straight lottery number. So you get 730 chances to win a gun a day, yes thats right we give away 365 guns or of course you can take the cash option, but what sportsman would want the money right. Anyway the calendar list the gun for that day or the cash option, our 2010 calendars are now on sale. Check it out on our website at www.bvfd5.org you can purchase via pay pal with your credit card or send me an email at chief5bvfd@verizon.net and I will email you mail order information. We have been doing this raffle for six years now and everyone says its great. Take 730 chances and divide it by the 50 dollar cost and you will see thats only 14.6 cents a day. I am also looking for gun shops or individuals to sell calendars for us. Oh yeah one more thing if you want to sell for us for every 20 calendars you sell you get a free one. I hope this information gets around, as I can't advertise under news until I get 50 posts. Thanks folks

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    When's the final date for the calendars to be sold?

lax

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    Baldwin
    My father in law has bought me these for my birthday for the last three years I have won one shotgun he one a rifle. This year you get 2 numbers instead of one.

Adams74Chevy

Hits broadsides of barns
    Oct 3, 2007
    Carroll Co.
    Hello,

Sounds great is there a list of the guns being raffled anywhere?

Thanks

It's a varied list a few examples 10-22s, shotguns of various sorts, henry rifles, muzzleloaders, several different deer rifles plus they all have the cash option if you really don't want the gun of that day, I think the minimum cash option is $125 and goes up to $450 or $500, with most running $200-350 range. The money goes towards the Brunswick and Emmitsburg Fire Companies so it's a good cause. :thumbsup:

Not a member, just a citizen that hopes to never have to see Emmitsburg's Fire Co coming to help me. ;)

Huckleberry

No One of Consequence
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Severn & Lewes
    [So you get 730 chances to win a gun a day, yes thats right we give away 365 guns or of course you can take the cash option, but what sportsman would want the money right./QUOTE]

Cash is always good, especially if the G.O.D. is a Siggy or someother substandard sidearm.:D Now if it is a Glock or 1911 then that is a no brainer about the gun being better than cash.:lol2:

No brainer is that this is a great cause and deserves our support. There are worst things to waste a "Fitty".

Johnthetoolguy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 4, 2009
    Pasadena
    I hang out in Brunswick quite a bit, and always forget about the calendar.
    I think I'll order one form the web site. It'll be awhile before I get to Brunswick again (what a cool little town).

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bapple

Latest threads

Top Bottom