• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dick Chaney

May 5, 2013
    I will not buy from cheaper then dirt either. I called when they had a glock in stock and they told me they will not send it into Maryland due to sb 281. It was before September 12. yes I figure my purchases wont make a difference but I feel better.

davesomethin

Jun 3, 2013
    It's not the retailers' fault, they are merely opting out and I dont blame them. We all wish we could opt out of 281....

It definitely sucks, but the ire should be directed at O'Malley, the state senate and our a-hole neighbors that voted them in.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    It's not the retailers' fault, they are merely opting out and I dont blame them. We all wish we could opt out of 281....

It definitely sucks, but the ire should be directed at O'Malley, the state senate and our a-hole neighbors that voted them in.

This times 1,000:thumbsup:

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County

I agree, but also think that the free market will fill this niche (e.g. look at the varying policies for mag rebuild kit sales). Where Sportsmans Guide doesn't come through, there will be the JoeBobs, Classic City, Shield Tactical, Fat Boy Tactical, etc outfit, that better understand the laws/regulations here, and will make sales here. These first few months after changes in the law were bound to be the most chaotic when dealing with internet retailers.

Last edited:

md_rick_o

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 30, 2008
    Severn Md.
    Yep, that is how Capitalism works. SG is serving me pretty darn well and I'll happily continue to buy from them. Again, many of you sound like Obama voters who claim from their keyboards to know more about running a multi state sporting goods vendor than the people actually doing it to pay their mortgages and put food on their table. Just my $.02.

You sure like that Obama crap. People are saying they won't support a company that won't sell legal items to people in this state, sounds to me a valid reason not to buy anything from them. But you turn it around and deride others for their choices. You don't like our opinions, who cares, but don't tell us we don't have a valid argument.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    You sure like that Obama crap. People are saying they won't support a company that won't sell legal items to people in this state, sounds to me a valid reason not to buy anything from them. But you turn it around and deride others for their choices. You don't like our opinions, who cares, but don't tell us we don't have a valid argument.

Sounds like you're seeking my approval. Don't be so needy, bro.

bg71361

Apr 30, 2012
    Curious, anyone else other than the OP have an issue with SG shipping AR parts (lpk, upper, stock) to Md??

O-Hebi

Jul 19, 2013
    I just bought one from them. I don't know what their problem is. Yes, I live in Baltimore. Smack dab in the "Hood".

coopermania

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 20, 2011
    Indiana
    They have lawyers on staff, I own a business and have one on retainer. The cost for them to read something to determine a simple matter like this would cost less than $2k

I own a business and I don't have a lawyer on retainer much less on staff.

SuperMag

Citizen--not "Subject"
    Nov 30, 2011
    Maryland
    No need to get mad at SG... ESPECIALLY no need to start chewing on each other here! Jeez-o-pete.

SG is merely telling you they don't want your business. When that happens to me, I happily take my money elsewhere. A company that would rather allow a competitor to make the sale :lol2: is run by pinheads. That's all.

WheelHead

Head of the wheel
    Dec 6, 2011
    Snow Hill
    I still buy lots of parts and mags online. I just have them sent to my brother who lives two minutes outside of MD and I can get over there in no time at all to pick them up. Screw MD and its laws!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bapple

Latest threads

Top Bottom