• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bryanjusmc

Celer Silens Mortalis
    Oct 8, 2009
    Edgemere
    Was wondering if anyone in the local area had a club membership to sportsmansguide.com that would place an order for me to get the club price, or anyone who may be looking to do a group buy elsewhere. On sportsmans guide Im looking at getting the 820 rd can of .223 by PMC FOUND HERE and at least 250 rounds of Fiocchi 12 ga FOUND HERE

xcavater

Fed Up
    Oct 27, 2008
    MD
    I just got 1000 rounds of .223 from Cabelas for 229 shipped.
    Comes with 2 plastic dry boxes

xcavater

Fed Up
    Oct 27, 2008
    MD
    I'm wrong, it was 232.99 including shipping. Sorry I was mobile when I posted.
    I ran a couple of hundred rounds thru my AR yesterday, no problem.

Doesn't look like they can't beat the buckshot prices

a81lp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 15, 2008
    I'm wrong, it was 232.99 including shipping. Sorry I was mobile when I posted.
    I ran a couple of hundred rounds thru my AR yesterday, no problem.

Doesn't look like they can't beat the buckshot prices

is that that steel case?

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    I'll never do business with them on any product again because they refuse to ship ammunition to parts of Anne Arundel County because it's "too close to Washington DC". Yet, the ship to MoCo?
    :mad54:

I cancelled my club membership with them over it.

Screw 'em.

bryanjusmc

Celer Silens Mortalis
    Oct 8, 2009
    Edgemere
    thats what I'm thinking, I cant find anything close to that, even steel cased on cabelas website. I am not going to shoot steel cases, sorry

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    They shipped to me in Pasadena

That's the stupid part.....they make it up as they go. I could understand if they waffle if it's an Annapolis address in AACO because of the restrictions for Annapolis City. However, that could easily be solved just as Palmetto State Armory did when I called them.

However, SG said, "Because it's too close to DC".

That was a couple of years ago and they may have changed the policy since then, but their attitude then soured me for life.

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    My membership just ran out last month. They have never questioned shipping ammo to me in Annapolis.

They must have changed it. They can still piss off for their behavior when I called them on it in the past.

xcavater

Fed Up
    Oct 27, 2008
    MD
    I had a membership to SG years ago and it never really did any good. Anytime I went looking for something they no longer had it or I found a better price.
    IMHO unless you're buying something that at the time covers the cost of membership and is still cheaper than elsewhere, it's not worth it.

a81lp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 15, 2008
    They shipped to me in Pasadena
    Yep it's steel case TULA.
    QUOTE]

have you shot it yet, how did it cycle in your ar. im not opposed to shooting steel case just havnt tried it in an ar yet

dwnthehatch

10-32
    Nov 6, 2007
    Kent Island
    They must have changed it. They can still piss off for their behavior when I called them on it in the past.

I attempted to order a couple of pistol cases last week. They called me in the evening stating they were for members only. I explained that they are listed on the regular website and they still told me I couldn't order them unless I renewed my membership. That pretty much ensured that I will never purchase from them again. I ended up getting them cheaper on Amazon.com.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    I can help with this discussion, as I am a Senior Grade CCB (Certified Cheap Bastard). I buy everything at a discount, and will waste 4 hours online trying to save three bucks.

SG is no longer what it once was for ammo deals. They used to have very competitive prices. Now, in my estimation, they are on the high medium side of pricing. You can almost always find cheaper deals online at Grafs or Wideners, and sometimes AIM.

If you're talking 820 rounds, that's 41 boxes of ammo. At 320 bucks you are paying $7.80 a box before shipping. That isn't real good for a bulk price on B-grade foreign made ammo. Wideners has 900 rounds of Federal M193 for $345 shipped. They also have Israeli 1200 round cases for $410. Other deals too. http://www.wideners.com/itemview.cfm?dir=18|830|845.

aquaman

Ultimate Member
    Sep 21, 2008
    Belcamp, MD
    MY SG buyers club membership has never helped, its a waste. Much better deals out there. However if you really want to get it from SG PM me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    loops12

Latest threads

Top Bottom