• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • yardman

Oct 11, 2010
    Columbia
    I got a friend who has a springfield xd-40 tactical he would sell me for $300 is that a good price for one new?

Given this is my first gun what would i have to do to get it registered to me?

Ethan83

Ultimate Member
    Jan 8, 2009
    Baltimoreish
    That's unheard of/impossible for a new price, and is a fantastic price for one assuming it isn't somehow trashed. You don't need to "register" it in MD, but you do need to have it transferred to you via either the MDSP or an FFL with the MDSP's blessings after going through a background check. I'll let others elaborate.

Basically YES, BUY IT! Just make sure you go through the legal means, and post pics here once you get it:D

yardman

Oct 11, 2010
    Columbia
    im 26 lol and i thought it was a great price he has a few guns so i know it was taken care of. Im gonna get it from him asap and have it transferred. how does that process go if i do the transfer at the barracks?

Rattlesnake46319

Curmidget
    Apr 1, 2008
    Jefferson County, MO
    im 26 lol and i thought it was a great price he has a few guns so i know it was taken care of. Im gonna get it from him asap and have it transferred. how does that process go if i do the transfer at the barracks?

Painfully from what I've heard. Might I suggest going through one of the Industry Partners here on the forum?

IPs, PM me to send swag for the free advertising. :D

ThawMyTongue

Ultimate Member
    Sep 26, 2009
    Dublin, OH
    Awesome price! Like was said above, just check to make sure everything is as it should be. I am very happy with my XDm, and I doubt the XD would be any different.

Goldengoose

Oct 15, 2009
    Fawn Grove, Pennnsylvania
    Go to an industry partner (FFL Dealer) with him and transfer the gun to you. The cost it usually $30.00 on average. Going the MSP can be difficult, if you go that route please make sure the the gun is locked and in a locked gun case no ammo in it or in the car, because you will be leaving it in the car until the paperwork is filled out and the trooper will go to you car to see the gun and get the ser# off it. It can be stressful on you...... I am not saying it is like that at all MSP barracks but from experience it can be a bit more than you where expecting.

yardman

Oct 11, 2010
    Columbia
    I finally got back in touch with my friend and im supposed to pick up the gun today and do the transfer. i called 2a sales and they charge 50 to do the transfer. is there any other places close to columbia that does it for less?

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    I finally got back in touch with my friend and im supposed to pick up the gun today and do the transfer. i called 2a sales and they charge 50 to do the transfer. is there any other places close to columbia that does it for less?

Might want to contact them via this website.

Some vendors offer discounts for members on here.

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83

Did you tell them it was a secondary transfer, not a transfer from an out of state FFL? I could swear state law limits those to $20.

Find the nearest MSP barracks. $10 there.

WSM

Rugeritis
    Oct 8, 2009
    Lancaster, PA

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    in the bowels of Baltimore
    Walmart has .40 from Federal, Winchester, (in a white box often referred to as WWB) and UMC. Those are good for the range.

UMC works ok in my XDm. It can be an issue in some guns and I don't suspect it will be with your XD unless the springs have been changed for heavy or hot ammo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom