• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gmkoh

Feb 26, 2013
    Annapolis
    This week saw another murder in Annapolis. Why post this on a firearms forum?

Per the news reports, the perpetrator was on early release from a kidnapping aggravated assault conviction for which he served 120 days of a 10 year sentence.. He was also on a suspended sentence for a previous assault on the victim. He was in a program for potentially violent offenders which consists of frequent monitoring with/by his parole officer.
    During the infamous 281 hearings, the statistic that 70% of Baltimore firearms homicides were committed by offenders on early release (40% were on early release for firearms offenses), yet The DEMS refused to entertain the amendment to do away with early release for firearms offenders.

My second point is that the responding police officer, who arrived before the murder, fired five shots (no report as to how many times the perp was hit) at the perpetrator who continued to stab the victim. Both eventually died in the hospital. Lets hear it for magazine limits- 5 rounds fired by a trained professional was not able to stop a single assailant. What if there had been two? Would we be mourning the cop (of course not- he has 15 rounds, but we won't have that many).

daijizai

May 11, 2013
    Columbia
    This could have all been avoided had we banned high capacity knifes. Why would anyone need a knife that can be used more than 10 times?

Medshot

Jul 24, 2013
    What would make a knife choose to do something so horrible.

Was it born that way?

Was it black in any way? Everyone knows the black ones should be feared, and have the strict purpose of murder, assassinating government targets, control the Illuminati, and were responsible for the extinction of the dinosaurs.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    This week saw another murder in Annapolis. Why post this on a firearms forum?

Per the news reports, the perpetrator was on early release from a kidnapping aggravated assault conviction for which he served 120 days of a 10 year sentence.. He was also on a suspended sentence for a previous assault on the victim. He was in a program for potentially violent offenders which consists of frequent monitoring with/by his parole officer.
    During the infamous 281 hearings, the statistic that 70% of Baltimore firearms homicides were committed by offenders on early release (40% were on early release for firearms offenses), yet The DEMS refused to entertain the amendment to do away with early release for firearms offenders.

My second point is that the responding police officer, who arrived before the murder, fired five shots (no report as to how many times the perp was hit) at the perpetrator who continued to stab the victim. Both eventually died in the hospital. Lets hear it for magazine limits- 5 rounds fired by a trained professional was not able to stop a single assailant. What if there had been two? Would we be mourning the cop (of course not- he has 15 rounds, but we won't have that many).

We should start a list of these things, make it a sticky, and turn it into a anti Frosh/Brown/Gansler/Miller campaign video.

gmkoh

Feb 26, 2013
    Annapolis
    The perp dropped the first knife he had, it was kicked away by a neighbor, and he ran into the residence and grabbed a kitchen knife to finish the deed....

When you only have seconds, the police are minutes away.

If an armed citizen had been present (one of the neighbors) would the victim still be alive?
    IF IT JUST SAVES ONE LIFE

Last edited:

Safetech

I open big metal boxes
    May 28, 2011
    Dundock
    Was it black in any way? Everyone knows the black ones should be feared, and have the strict purpose of murder, assassinating government targets, control the Illuminati, and were responsible for the extinction of the dinosaurs.

THAT'S RACIST!!!

(Sorry. Couldn't resist.)
    :)

6-Pack

NRA Life Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    Carroll Co.
    We need knife control now. Did you know just anyone can walk into Walmart and buy as many knives as they want? Some even come in high capacity kitchen sets!

webb297

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2010
    Bowie
    I wonder why nobody picked up on any of the warning signs that that knife was homicidal. Wait, what? The guy doing the stabbing was dropping warning signs left and right? Clearly, if that knife had not been so homicidal the victim would not have died. What, the guy doing the stabbing was disarmed of the murderous knife, and then went and found another deadly weapon, and continued the deadly assault ? But, I don't understand, how could this be allowed to happen?

grayson71

Ultimate Member
    May 7, 2011
    Rocky Gap, Va
    We need to sink Frosh with stuff exactly like this, show Maryland what he really is, a smarmy, greasy turd who made a living getting trash like this out of jail time.

I dont even want to think about that moron being AG

pwoolford

AR15's make me :-)
    Jan 3, 2012
    White Marsh
    We need to sink Frosh with stuff exactly like this, show Maryland what he really is, a smarmy, greasy turd who made a living getting trash like this out of jail time.

I dont even want to think about that moron being AG

Exactly! If our rulers are going to make us live with scum like this the least they could do is let us protect ourselves. Very sad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    lsmitty67

Latest threads

Top Bottom