• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    I bought mine back in the early 90's. It is all SS except the trigger guard. It wasn't called the mariner when I bought it just the Mossberg 500 stainless steel. I think I bought it from an old gun store on Joppa Rd in the Parkville/Carney area. Now D&L window tinting.

Nichols- a great shop. Had a lot more than just guns.

Feb 28, 2013
    Ricks Gun and Pawn in Conowingo. I went from hating the place a few years ago to it being my go-to shop for transfers and now bi-weekly deal shopping that sometimes turns into good buys.

Good people to deal with, willing to work with pricing on their used stuff and generally have a pretty good inventory depending on what you're looking for.

Does that bunch of knuckleheads still regard AR-10s as "banned assault rifles"?:rolleyes:

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Does that bunch of knuckleheads still regard AR-10s as "banned assault rifles"?:rolleyes:
    Can't say one way or another. I know they struggled with what was and wasn't HBAR and whatnot for quite a while. If the laws weren't so convoluted and screwed up their job would be much more simple.

Considering the legal landscape of ~2013, I think they do an average job of staying on top of things.

Bisleyfan44

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 11, 2008
    Wicomico
    There are a few aftermarket finishes that appear to be stainless. I don't remember Mossberg ever making one in stainless, but could be wrong. One thing's for sure, if the receiver IS stainless, it should weigh considerably more than a standard 500 with aluminum receiver.

A call to Mossberg with the SN would enlighten us all.

PS--stainless or not, the guy on GunBroker is smoking crack.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    There are a few aftermarket finishes that appear to be stainless. I don't remember Mossberg ever making one in stainless, but could be wrong. One thing's for sure, if the receiver IS stainless, it should weigh considerably more than a standard 500 with aluminum receiver.

A call to Mossberg with the SN would enlighten us all.

PS--stainless or not, the guy on GunBroker is smoking crack.

You got that right:lol2:

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    They made one that came in a plastic tube. Marketed something along the lines of "salt spray" or something. Maybe that was a Remington..... not sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Scooby225

Latest threads

Top Bottom