• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ea689c

Mar 26, 2012
    Sterling, VA
    Hey, has anyone shot the Star B 1911 style 9MM? Ever since I heard about them I have wanted one. I don't have a 1911 style gun yet and this sounds great so if you got one for sale let me know.

yellowsled

Retired C&R Addict
    Jun 22, 2009
    Palm Beach, Fl
    I have a Star B and a Star B super. I love both of them. They were a stepping stone for me to buy a Taurus 1911 and colt systema 1927(1911).

In all seriousness, they are great guns, just dont break the firing pin. Its hard as hell to find replacements.

RG99

Jun 10, 2012
    Pasadena Md
    I've heard nothing but good things about them. I was actually thinking of picking one of the Star B gunsmith specials up.

yellowsled

Retired C&R Addict
    Jun 22, 2009
    Palm Beach, Fl
    I've heard nothing but good things about them. I was actually thinking of picking one of the Star B gunsmith specials up.

I would strongly suggest you not do that unless you need it for parts. Its hard as hell to find replacement parts for these guns if you were planning to put it back together.

G O B

Ultimate Member
    Nov 17, 2007
    Cen TX
    I have a "B" and I can highly recommend them. Do not pay for a fake Nazi stamp, this is a shooter not a safe queen. They are accurate and reliable, the only downside is they should not be carried with a chambered round and the hammer down. Stars will shoot nearly anything, the hammer does a double strike to shoot crappy war time ammo. It laughs at dirty old Wolf, and will eat it all day!

yellowsled

Retired C&R Addict
    Jun 22, 2009
    Palm Beach, Fl
    There are some rumors that not all were faked, idk. Im personally staying away from them unless the price is right to buy one as a shooter.

CasualObserver

Who Observes the Observer
    Apr 27, 2012
    Maryland Born Now in Vermont
    So I got one from AIM... showed up today. 95% plus bluing and plenty of life left in the barrel. Forced matched numbers (I expected as much). Got a question though, the mag stops about 2/3 of the way in when inserting it (have to press the mag release to complete the insertion). Anyone know if that is normal? Mag appears to be OEM best I can tell. Pictures in case anyone is on the fence and is wondering what to expect if considering AIM.

Attachments

• 100_0126.jpg
      100_0126.jpg
      84.7 KB · Views: 111
    • 100_0127.jpg
      100_0127.jpg
      69.8 KB · Views: 103

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members