• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    To me it is odd, if it happened once or twice across the country that would seem okay. But it happened everywhere in our nation and never goes the other way.
    Always against the GOP , i get mail ins always favor the Dems but seems they always have some mail ins in a dark locked room and they pull out for such occasions

I had heard that before COVID mail in and absentee ballots usually favored republicans, mainly because of military ballots. The difference was that the numbers of mail in ballots were so small, they rarely had any impact on the election outcome.

Personally I think republicans make a big mistake not trying to encourage more conservatives to vote early or by mail. I think there are folks that have honest intentions of voting on election day, but maybe due to work or some unforeseen circumstances they can’t get to the polls. Those potential votes are just lost. If there is even the smallest chance you can’t make it to the polls on election day, you should just go ahead and vote early.

To those stating early voting is more prone to cheating, I say phooey. Just ask the Ghosts of Lyndon B Johnson and Chicago Mayor Richard Daley, who were clearly adept at election day cheating. I could make a strong case that with some basic controls in place, early voting at a manned polling station can be every bit as secure as election day voting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    I don’t trust mail in ballots, they can come from anywhere and anybody. Just a feeling
    I had heard that before COVID mail in and absentee ballots usually favored republicans, mainly because of military ballots. The difference was that the numbers of mail in ballots were so small, they rarely had any impact on the election outcome.

Personally I think republicans make a big mistake not trying to encourage more conservatives to vote early or by mail. I think there are folks that have honest intentions of voting on election day, but maybe due to work or some unforeseen circumstances they can’t get to the polls. Those potential votes are just lost. If there is even the smallest chance you can’t make it to the polls on election day, you should just go ahead and vote early.

To those stating early voting is more prone to cheating, I say phooey. Just ask the Ghosts of Lyndon B Johnson and Chicago Mayor Richard Daley, who were clearly adept at election day cheating. I could make a strong case that with some basic controls in place, early voting at a manned polling station can be every bit as secure as election day voting.

SWO Daddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2011

Conservatives will keep losing elections so long as we let mail-in vote harvesting continue.
    Some people call that defeatist - I say that people thinking we just need to "message better" or "get better candidates" when 75% of the public think the country (under Democrats) is heading in the wrong direction and democrats retain power are the ones consigned to defeat.

Conservatives won handedly in states that had strong voter integrity laws.

Last edited:

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    Mail in ballots. That's THE factor... well, that and dems rapidly changing red demographics blue through zoning and high-density housing projects. The second a dem gets into a red seat of power locally, apartments go up in that district. Basically they've gerrymandered as much as they can, so in order to get more city votes into red districts they build as many section 8 housing projects as they can into red areas.

Mail in ballots just allow for easy ballot harvesting in high density areas, while country areas are much more labor intensive to harvest ballots. . . anyone trick-or-treating is well aware of why.

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    Mail in ballots. That's THE factor... well, that and dems rapidly changing red demographics blue through zoning and high-density housing projects. The second a dem gets into a red seat of power locally, apartments go up in that district. Basically they've gerrymandered as much as they can, so in order to get more city votes into red districts they build as many section 8 housing projects as they can into red areas.

Mail in ballots just allow for easy ballot harvesting in high density areas, while country areas are much more labor intensive to harvest ballots. . . anyone trick-or-treating is well aware of why.

I'm sure you guys are both students of History, just as I. The demographics of voting districts will change over time. We saw formerly blue districts in California and New York, PA, Michigan and Illinois all lost a seat after the last census. Gerrymandering, still exists, but to some degree we are seeing court rulings address this too. Maryland has improved, the 6th district was extremely close and totally competitive at this time. Yuripzy Morgan was actually competitive against a long time and well funded Sarbanes in D2. Building Section 8 housing mostly happens in already heavily blue districts. Only 2.8% of all Americans (not households) receive Section 8 money. You can look up the data yourself here. The northeast leads the nation in Section 8 housing. New York has 510K section 8 homes, Mass. MD has 89K which is close to 4% of total homes, which tops the list of Blue States as a percentage of all homes. However, consider some of the more red states have even higher percentages of homes which are Section 8. Louisiana 4.6% West Virginia 4.6% Arkansas 4.5% North Dakota 4.3% While I cannot argue with your statement that it's easier to harvest ballots in high density areas, you may not have to harvest as many to begin with, because, democrats go to great lengths in these districts to place polling stations right in the middle of the highest density areas to begin with. How much more juice can you squeeze from the lemon.

Here is the flip side, think about how difficult it is to vote in a rural area. For a person like you or me, sure, we get in our car, and we drive the 20-30 min to vote. We don't have to worry about the $5 in fuel cost, either. However, I'm certain that a lot of those folks in the most rural areas have the most to gain by early voting or even mail-in voting. Every single one of them who has to work or just decides to stay home, because they worked 12hrs the day before, is a lost potential conservative vote too.

Conservatives will keep losing elections so long as we let mail-in vote harvesting continue.
    Some people call that defeatist - I say that people thinking we just need to "message better" or "get better candidates" when 75% of the public think the country (under Democrats) is heading in the wrong direction and democrats retain power are the ones consigned to defeat.

Conservatives won handedly in states that had strong voter integrity laws.

I'm NOT in favor of laws that reduce vote integrity. I'm stating facts that Early voting and even Mail-In Voting can be done in ways which also benefit conservatives. Specifically, Early voting has been proven to be successful. The first state to allow all state voters to vote early was Texas in 1982, followed by Florida, Georgia, Iowa, Nevada, Tennessee. By 2000, Seven More states had early voting. In that year, GW won with 15% of all votes cast early. You know what, in 2016 when Trump won, 33% of all votes cast in the U.S. were early votes. I'm I leaving out the years when Obama won, sure, but my point is to say this. Florida just had a HUGE red Wave, in this past midterm. Florida has a very high early voting turnout. They happen to have a very secure method for ensuring mail-in ballots are valid and genuine. Look it up yourself here. They had over 1.1 Million mail-in ballots submitted before October 21st. Conservatives should be doing everything they can to get out conservative voters, and to blame losses on things like early voting, is a weak argument, which destines us from repeating the same mistakes in the future. We should be doing everything we can to ensure as many like-minded conservatives as possible cast votes, and if early voting, and mail-in voting can make that happen, we are foolish to not encourage it.

SWO Daddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2011
    I'm NOT in favor of laws that reduce vote integrity. I'm stating facts that Early voting and even Mail-In Voting can be done in ways which also benefit conservatives. Specifically, Early voting has been proven to be successful. The first state to allow all state voters to vote early was Texas in 1982, followed by Florida, Georgia, Iowa, Nevada, Tennessee. By 2000, Seven More states had early voting. In that year, GW won with 15% of all votes cast early. You know what, in 2016 when Trump won, 33% of all votes cast in the U.S. were early votes. I'm I leaving out the years when Obama won, sure, but my point is to say this. Florida just had a HUGE red Wave, in this past midterm. Florida has a very high early voting turnout. They happen to have a very secure method for ensuring mail-in ballots are valid and genuine. Look it up yourself here. They had over 1.1 Million mail-in ballots submitted before October 21st. Conservatives should be doing everything they can to get out conservative voters, and to blame losses on things like early voting, is a weak argument, which destines us from repeating the same mistakes in the future. We should be doing everything we can to ensure as many like-minded conservatives as possible cast votes, and if early voting, and mail-in voting can make that happen, we are foolish to not encourage it.

I would bet most of those wins would have been bigger without mail-in voting. States are allowing more mail-in ballots than ever, and rejecting fewer than ever.

Early voting (which I didn't mention) also hurts, but to a lesser extent.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Congratulations AACO.

I know for a hard fact that the new superintendent of schools is making the removal of the county property tax cap a cornerstone of his funding plan for the school system.

He's already had meetings with Pittman and members of the county council and it's going to be proposed soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom