• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jackson923

Hell Yeah!
    Jan 25, 2008
    Harford Co
    3 Gun Nation is running a pilot program for state 3 Gun Championships. North Carolina just ran one this weekend and I think Utah, South Carolina and Georgia are on tap to host an event for a state champion. So my questions are:
    1. How many in MD shoot 3 Gun?
    2. Range in MD that hosts 3 Gun matches or willing to host a MD 3 Gun Championship?
    3. Interest for 2017?
    I know that there are no ranges in Harford County that can support such a match. Mayberry may be only one close to Baltimore area but not sure if they run 3 Gun matches? Does Thurmont or any ranges down south?

GUNSnROTORS

nude member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 7, 2013
    hic sunt dracones
    ... or any ranges down south?

Sanners Lake Sportsman's Club (St. Mary's County) hosted an IDPA 3-Gun match in 2013. Not aware of more recent 3-gun activity.

St. Charles Sportsman's Club (Charles County) also used to host three gun matches. Website currently posts: "All St. Charles Sportsman's Club competitive shooting/match activities are closed, pending opening of a future outdoor range facility"

Last edited:

Jackson923

Hell Yeah!
    Jan 25, 2008
    Harford Co
    I see that Thurmont host 3 Gun matches but it looks like they're limited to 50 yard bays (hopefully someone will chime in), we may be out of luck. I'll email Charles Sole to see what the criteria is for the State Championship pilot program.

BenChem

Jul 6, 2010
    Baltimore
    TCSC

Hey, I run the thurmont matches and there's interest in hosting a larger match sometime next year. If we did a major match, we'd be able to use the 300 yd rifle range for a few stages, so the bays wouldn't limit us as much.

Jackson923

Hell Yeah!
    Jan 25, 2008
    Harford Co
    Yes sir understood but a quick Googlefu search answered that for me. OK so I contacted Mr. Charles Sole of 3GN and yes ranges with bays can participate. Only requirement is that the hosting club needs to be part of the 3 Gun Nation Club Series and host a minimum of 6 classifiers or 1 classifier with 5 additional other stages. Link from 3 Gun Nation with all of the info http://3gunnation.com/club_series

Jackson923

Hell Yeah!
    Jan 25, 2008
    Harford Co
    Hey, I run the thurmont matches and there's interest in hosting a larger match sometime next year. If we did a major match, we'd be able to use the 300 yd rifle range for a few stages, so the bays wouldn't limit us as much.

Awesome! Sorry didn't know that Thurmont had a 300 yard range. Looking at the Sat view from Google Earth I was able to see the bays and all of the Trap ranges. Here is a link from 3 Gun Nation with the particulars. http://3gunnation.com/club_series
    Clubs can host classifier matches that meet the requirements with bays and not necessarily long range bays. Please see the link and I will be willing to assist or offer help as I am involved with the 3 Gun Nation Club Series that York Izaak Walton League is part of and I'm in pretty good with the Match Director.

Jackson923

Hell Yeah!
    Jan 25, 2008
    Harford Co
    Short version
    CLUB REQUIREMENTS
    Clubs that choose to be a part of the 3-Gun Nation Club Series will be asked to submit scores from a minimum of six (6) 3GN Classifiers between January 1 - Dec. 31 of each year. These classifiers can be divided between several matches or during a single event. For example, a club hosting a 3-gun match may use one Classifier stage and “X” number of stages of their own design and choice. Or the club may compile all 6 Classifier stages into a single match. Participating clubs have the freedom to choose how many Classifiers they run during any given match, as long as they meet the minimum of six (6) Classifiers from Janu- ary 1 - Dec. 31 each year.

Benefits for the hosting club.
    – Ability to promote your club competitions utilizing the 3GN Club Series system
    – Help your 3GN club members achieve classifier rankings, compare scores (nationally and internationally) and earn invitations to the 3GN Pro Series qualification, Nationals match and Regional events
    – Extensive online profile page capabilities and leaderboards for your club within the 3-Gun Nation website
    – Club listing and mapping via 3GN homepage and member system
    – Ability to submit photos and articles about your club to 3GN for social, website or print distribution
    – 10% 3GN Club Discount on any order from MGM Targets

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    incase

Latest threads

Top Bottom