• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Spot77

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2005
    Anne Arundel County
    I'll do a little copy and paste for those that don't like to hit the links.

Issues
    Assist small businesses and corporations in bringing jobs back to Calvert and Maryland
    Reduce spending in Maryland State Government
    Preserve and enforce Maryland State Sovereignty
    Encourage expansion and exploration of current and future energy sources
    Term Limits
    Principles & Values

You have a right to life, liberty and pursuit of happiness.
    As a member of the State legislature, I am willing to stand up to the Federal Government. One of my jobs as a delegate representing Calvert County would be to protect the Liberty of its citizens and Marylanders at all cost, but another would be to protect them from the Federal Government.

Protect individual, private property and gun ownership rights.
    "That all men are by nature equally free and independent, and have certain inherent rights, of which, when they enter into a state of society, they cannot, by any compact, deprive or divest their posterity; namely, the enjoyment of life and liberty, with the means of acquiring and possessing property, and pursuing and obtaining happiness and safety." - George Mason - The Virginia Declaration of Rights, 1776

The government works for you. You do not answer to them, they answer to you.
    "When a man assumes a public trust, he should consider himself as public property." - Thomas Jefferson
    The family is sacred. You and your spouse are the ultimate authority, not the government.

Honesty
    Reverence
    Humility
    Sincerity
    Hard Work
    Courage
    Personal Responsibility

Spot77

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2005
    Anne Arundel County
    She's also endorsed by the afl-cio and seiu

Yeah I saw that, and I know that matters to probably 80% of the people here, but we (as the forum) try to stick to just the gun issue so we don't alienate people.

Getting the NRA endorsement away from an incumbent is going to be difficult. You might want to suggest to your friend to join up here, join MSI and start hitting all of AGC's gun clubs to speak at their meetings....if he hasn't done these things already.

PaulK

Jan 18, 2009
    Huntingtown, MD USA
    I'd love to see someone

Assist small businesses and corporations in bringing jobs back to Calvert and Maryland

The only problem is that the best place for businesses is the Dunkirk area - close to DC, Bowie area, closer to B-more. In order to put more business in Dunkirk means some sort of business park which means some sort of sewer system - not a septic system. And saying the word "sewer" in Dunkirk will get you very angry responses. If this guy is representing northern Calvert he is going to have to deal with that attitude. I'm sure he knows that.

I'd love it if he would bring in more jobs to Calvert, but IMO making that campaign promise is premature at best and an empty promise at worst.

B@Dfi$H

Nov 9, 2009
    the ranchhood
    I'll get him to post about conversation he actualy had about a sewer system in northern calvert. I'll let him tell it so I don't get anythin wrong. He felt It would be the builders responsibility to pay for it not the taxpayers of the county.

PaulK

Jan 18, 2009
    Huntingtown, MD USA
    To me it has nothing to do with who pays for it just will the DACCA "allow" it to happen. You may recall 10+ years ago when the subject came up and there was a huge backlash.

Like I said if it can be done great I'm all for it. Calvert needs to lessen its dependence on the nuke plant and create more jobs in the county. And that will help lessen traffic on Rte 4 since people won't need to leave the county for jobs. For example, Northrop Grumman is moving it's headquarters from LA to the DC area. Dunkirk is a perfect location - close enough to DC that you could be there in less than an hour (~45 minutes on a bad day) but far enough out that you aren't paying Northern VA or Montgomery County prices. Two airports within reasonable distance (DCA and BWI) and NGC has a avionics plant near BWI.

But it won't happen because there will need to be a sewer to have an office park and DACCA won't let that happen because it'll open the door for higher density housing and its associated dark element.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Scot2024

Latest threads

Top Bottom