• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

JB62

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2013
    Annapolis
    Never had a problem with them either, been great to deal with on several transactions. They indeed have been willing to fight and do what the law says not how some may interpret it.

If you did not like what they were offering you for your “collection “, that is on you and you alone. Could of easily said no thanks and taken your business elsewhere.

Did you address the “gas issue” with them ?

chilipeppermaniac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Hell of a first Post, Ahmiv, I am not pro or against Duffy's, but last I dealt with them, they have perfectly good gun smith there and should be able to sort out your issues. Like Bertfish and Skippy said, did you check the gas, and seek out Duffy's to resolve things on your presumed by me L1A1 before flaming them here?

IS your gun something like this? Unless I am mistaken it sold for $10000+

chilipeppermaniac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    I then hurriedly took it to Pennsylvania to sell it off to get rid of it. Duffy's has done this before when they were selling CETME Ls a year or two ago. They will sell you grey area firearms that aren't specifically approved or banned on the MD registry.
    This is the part that bothers me.

So you took a gun across state lines to sell it?
    Or did you go to a Md FFL, who then transferred it to a PA FFL where a PA resident could then legally purchase it, since it was supposedly a Md illegal weapon as you bought it?

chilipeppermaniac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Forgive me all who know more about the laws and transfers,

I was just trying to vocalising in my head what my head how might the OP make a supposedly illegal to own gun, less illegaler ( my made up word) by the OP hurrying to PA to sell it as fast as he could.

Oh and it was still a non properly functioning less illegaler gun at point of resale?

foodpoison

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2013
    the Dena
    Never been to Duffy,s. This is the first negative thing I've heard about them. Pretty sure I won't "steer clear" as op suggested

Cochise

Ultimate Member
    Sep 5, 2008
    Rockville
    the old board has been pretty slow since the software change, but there is life yet...someone just had to poke the bear a little.....

Buster Brown

Aug 11, 2019
    Southern MD
    "I'm really ignorant and dumb and didn't realize it till now. I have no shame so here I am putting it on full display as a first post on a public forum for everyone's entertainment all while being really bitter" -Ahmiv

Did anyone else read that?

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    This thread reminds me.
    Is there a way to search members who joined say over 3 years ago and never posted?

Just curious……..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feb 28, 2013
    About a year ago I purchased a 1950s Australian SLR built on a DSA lower receiver from Duffy's. It was priced at $3500, which was very steep even though they are hard to find in MD. I knew about the whole inch vs metric debacle with MD banning, and they informed me these were perfectly legal to own. I took a good portion of my collection there, expecting to walk out with the gun and maybe even some cash too. They completely shafted me on the guns giving me pennies on the dollar for them, but I settled and ended up paying $900 for the SLR. Lo and behold, I take the gun out multiple times and the rifle refuses to cycle and eject rounds upon firing, rendering it a straight pull rifle. I tried all the gas settings, cleaned it completely, and lubed it up. Next time still the same thing. I was planning on taking it to a gunsmith because my RSO mentioned it might be something with the gas rings on the bolt being worn out. The other day i decided i just wanted to get rid of it so I took it to Continental arms, and they wanted nothing to do with it. I then took it to Gunbunker south, and they seemed interested until they went onto the Maryland registry and found out that the rifle is illegal to own in MD due to parts being interchangeable with Belgian FALs. I then hurriedly took it to Pennsylvania to sell it off to get rid of it. Duffy's has done this before when they were selling CETME Ls a year or two ago. They will sell you grey area firearms that aren't specifically approved or banned on the MD registry. Now if you buy one of these and they end up illegal you are breaking the law. These guys are shafters and skirters of the law and only care about making a quick buck. STEER CLEAR OF THEM.
    Caveat Emptor first of all. Second of all, you’re full of shit

As for the Cetmes, Im assumin your talking about them C308s. I bought one there and the day I picked it up Vince told me he tried an HK bolt in it and it wouldn’t fit, so they’re legal. Gray area my ass

Lastly, the so-called banned list is a guidance. A “guidance” aint law, OR a registry. Duffys was sellin C308s AFTER they landed on the list because they aint a copy.

Don’t blame your screwup on one of our favorite shops

AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA
    I had a feed issue with a gun I bought from Duffy’s about 10 years ago. I took it in and John fixed it on the spot.

Why not just take it in and let him fix it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ramseye

Latest threads

Top Bottom