• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    I have only been to Duffy's twice because they are very far away from me. While I cannot provide an informed opinion about their practices, I have heard many good things, and no bad things, about them.

The OP, OTOH, writes a single paragraph of 332 words that is nearly unreadable. Didn't the OP pay attention in high school and learn how to draft the standard five paragraph paper? I did when it was taught during my freshman year. Draft an intro paragraph, three body paragraphs that lay out your position, and a conclusory paragraph. That is something that is simple, organized and clear for the reader. Instead we have OP's word salad stream of consciousness. OP's credibility comes up short in my book.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Will Carefirst BCBS cover it or does it need to come out of "pocket money" (wink wink)?

Might just be the standard $30 copay
    I’ll waive the co-pay, don’t tell BC/BS. I can bill on time. If I spend an hour talking with you about your junk, that’s a level 5 visit. I’ll pocket $150.
    That's what she said...
    She’s working her way through medical school, I’ve been done for 20 years. You pay for experience. Nay, sir. Expertise.

Plus if I waive the co-pay, there’s no cost to you.

mauser58

My home is a sports store
    Dec 2, 2020
    Baltimore County, near the Bay
    I find no problem with Duffy's. I have been going there for a long time but not recently. I have bought ammo and rifles from them. I used to talk to John about building rifles on Mauser actions as he did them also. He has threaded barrels for me and installed and head spaced on my receivers. Its nice to actually talk with these guys and with a gunsmith in person.

herkybird72

2A Defender
    Dec 1, 2011
    Freedomland,NC
    I have only been to Duffy's twice because they are very far away from me. While I cannot provide an informed opinion about their practices, I have heard many good things, and no bad things, about them.

The OP, OTOH, writes a single paragraph of 332 words that is nearly unreadable. Didn't the OP pay attention in high school and learn how to draft the standard five paragraph paper? I did when it was taught during my freshman year. Draft an intro paragraph, three body paragraphs that lay out your position, and a conclusory paragraph. That is something that is simple, organized and clear for the reader. Instead we have OP's word salad stream of consciousness. OP's credibility comes up short in my book.
    Silly me, I thought “word salads“ were the exclusive diet of VP Kamala. I think the OP has her beat.

Mini14tac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 14, 2013
    North County
    Duffy’s is good people I have known Will for many many years from when the late Gary McNulty worked there. John is a great gunsmith and one hell of a guy. One of the mods should delete this thread as it appears the IP slam is unwarranted.

joppaj

Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    . One of the mods should delete this thread as it appears the IP slam is unwarranted.
    We're monitoring. If he can prove his case, than we should be aware. If he can't, than its up to Duffy's if they wish to pursue libel charges.

Dr Dano HPR

Mar 4, 2013
    Towson
    Maybe the OPs first post should have been "help, my SLR won't fuction." Then someone here could have suggested he try the "Plug" in the "gas-passing" mode. Tilting block, no gas rings. :toothless

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    You know when I built my L1A1 it was also a single shot because I flipped that damn plug over by accident. I almost 100% guarantee that's what this doofus did

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom