• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • forging.a.better.tomorrow

Forging.a.better.tomorrow
    Jun 1, 2012
    Has anyone dealt with Steiner eOptic Support? I'm looking for some advice here.

I sent an SBAL-PL in for warranty work. First they said 8 weeks was their turn around time. When I asked for an update they said that's LE/Military time. It's been 18 weeks before I received an invoice for work to be performed.

I asked why this isn't covered under the warranty. They have been telling me that lights only have a 2 year warranty even though the box, and product page show a 3-yr warranty.

And, I used the Wayback machine to look up the warranty and product page at the time of my light's manufacture, it shows that it carries a three year warranty.

They are saying that only applies to Steiner, not Steiner eOptic even though their site at the time made no distinction.

I attached a screen shot of the August 2016 warranty and product pages for context. As well as a photo of my box which shows a 3-yr warranty.

How do you deal with these manufacturers that change their warranty periods by saying we're a separate entity?

Attachments

• 20220310_192938.jpg
      20220310_192938.jpg
      96.5 KB · Views: 122
    • Screenshot_20220311-105803_Firefox.jpg
      Screenshot_20220311-105803_Firefox.jpg
      50.3 KB · Views: 125
    • Screenshot_20220311-113059_Chrome.jpg
      Screenshot_20220311-113059_Chrome.jpg
      59.1 KB · Views: 128

forging.a.better.tomorrow

Forging.a.better.tomorrow
    Jun 1, 2012
    False alarm, Steiner looked further into the issue, they said,

"Steiner Optics Support on 3/11/2022 8:54 AM MST

I called eOptics about the picture...

They need to better inform us, on items like this. Items like the SBAL and DBAL PL made at LDI, later sold by eOptics they printed a 3 year warranty for the transitions products.

However, this did not include the date of purchase addition to the warranty.

Long story short, this is confusing for the customer... and CS so I am waiving the charges. This indeed is a situation where I am more than happy to help the customer out."

In the future I'm still curious how you guys handle a company that doesn't relent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tharper429

Latest threads

Top Bottom