• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dementlr

Feb 8, 2011
    St. Mary's County
    I have been a C&R collector for a few years, but for the very first time I am actually selling one of my C&R acquired Yugo SKS rifles. I have read through several posts, but I am still not certain how to go about selling the rifle/ My questions are:

1. As a MD resident, can I conduct a face to face sale to another C&R holder in MD without processing a transfer through an FFL01 or the MSP?

2. What do I need to do if I sell to a non-C&R holder in MD?

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    A call to the MSP will answer that question.

Being a non-regulated long-gun, I don't see FTF being a problem with or without a C&R.

Without buyer having a C&R, I would ask for a signed and dated letter (with all of the buyers information) from him/her saying that they are legally allowed to own a firearm in Maryland. CYA never hurt anyone.

It does have to be logged out of your A&D book though with all of the buyers infomation.

Just my .025

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    1. Yes (the C&R holding buyer can actually reside in any state, not just MD). Get his C&R license number for your bound book.

2. Make sure the NON-C&R holding buyer is a Maryland resident and is not prohibited from owning a firearm. Get a copy of his driver's license for your bound book.

Dave91

Ultimate Member
    Nov 25, 2009
    Anne Arundel
    Non regulated long guns are fine face to face in the state. Like was mentioned just make sure you log it in and out of your book. It doesn't matter if they don't have a C&R.

Handguns must go through an 01FFL or MSP.

dementlr

Feb 8, 2011
    St. Mary's County
    Thanks all. I did drop the MSP an email and received a reply confirming the info provided here. As long as the SKS has not been modified I can do a FTF sale. They recommended a notarized bill of sale.

Now the hard part, to sell or not to sell!

bkraft

Jul 24, 2008
    Eldersburg
    Yes, a bill of sale, and as others said, you do need to get their drivers license number if they don't have a C&R to log in your bound book. This sometimes turns off some non-C&R buyers FTF who don't understand why you need to record their DL#

Sirex