• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Russ D

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sykesville
    So far the only accurate ammo I have fired has been Factory Remington. None of my hand loads are even close to MOA. I'm starting to think crimping might help. I've only tried the bullets I had on hand for my .308 so I'm mainly shooting 150-175 projectiles. Today I tried some 150 grain Hornady FMJ's loaded with 17.0 grains of H110. Function was great but they were pretty hot. Accuracy was all over the place. 3-4 inches at 100 yards. I just ordered 250 155 grain Nosler custom comps so I'll be playing with those in a few weeks. If I can find one I might order a Lee crimp die. Anyone have a pet load they are getting good results with? Hoping to find some lighter 110-125 bullets to play with soon.

stu929

M1 Addict
    Jan 2, 2012
    Hagerstown
    I sold a bunch of the 125s to some 300blk guys and they seem to love them. I know yhere is also a 140 custom comp meant for 300bulk. I got a few for my m1 and couldn't find load data but later learned they were developed for the blk.

I do still have some 110, 125, 140 pills

stu929

M1 Addict
    Jan 2, 2012
    Hagerstown
    I could share some 110s and 140s the 125 I need to inventory but I think I could part with 50. The others would be 100 each.

Rednekrebel

Apr 9, 2007
    Edgemere
    What is the twist rate in your barrel? Curious to see if you have the normal 1-8 or 1-7. Or maybe have the odd ball 1-10. Cause from what I've foun those 1-10 don't like heavy bullets. Anything under 150 does pretty well. Get much over and it is throwing lob balls.

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD
    have you played with COL? what length are you loading? 2.20? if you haven't tried loading to max magazine length, you might want to drop you load and work back up with the bullets set out closer to max.

BenL

John Galt Speaking.
    For now I'm limited to H110 and LilGun. Ben are you crimping?

No, and so far it hasn't caused any issues. I'm using factory Remington 300 Blackout brass, though. I've got some Lil Gun coming I was hoping would work, since that's what I keep around to load the Beowulf with. I only bought a pound of 1680 just for the blackout; I really like it, though. It meters really well.

I also had OK accuracy with 150gr SMK and Reloader 7 (~1800fps), but I don't remember the load off of the top of my head and dont have my book in front of me.

Last edited:

Bootknife

Ultimate Member
    I keep a Bound Book of all things that I load for referance,I have gone back a lot of times because I do not try to remember! Just a Thought.I have a DD 300Blk Upper that I have been happy with the REM loads as well,but have not set up to Load it Yet.I will be following You Pathfinders on this!

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    View attachment 83333

19.2gr H110
    110gr Hornady Vmax
    Wolf SP
    Formed brass
    COL - 2.038"/2.040"

2x7 Walmart scope and butchering the fundamentals. Believe 1.180" was the better of the two shown.

Last edited:

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Looks good. Wanna trade me 20 110 Vmaxs for something else?

If I had them, I'd give you some just for the asking. Sadly I'm down to less than 10 of them currently.

But if I come across them, I'll put some aside for you.

atblis

Ultimate Member
    May 23, 2010
    Annealing. I've seen it mentioned that ultimately for good accuracy, annealing will be required for the homemade stuff. Plan on testing that eventually, but have put the 300 BLK on the backburner. The easy way to test that would be a comparison against Remington factory brass which is annealed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom