• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sep 9, 2012
    That's what YOU might have paid, but the 20 and 25 round Speer, federal, Remington, Winchester hollow point boxes are expensive, and the 50 round boxes are always more cheaper than buying two 20 or 25 round boxes.

I paid 37 bucks per 50 round boxes of Speer gold dot
    on sgammo, pre hysteria, pre panic. I also paid 32 or 33 bucks per box of HST at a gun show 2 months ago. Those were 50 round boxes as well.

and then you paid how much for shipping? It cost you 74.00 for 2 boxes (assuming that's how many you bought... I could only get 2) and then they charge a flat rate of 12.00 shipping from there which means you paid 86.00, which is about what I paid with shipping... so how am I gouging anyone again?

BTW, notice the OP starts a bunch of stuff and then doesn't post anymore? Wahhhhhh wahhhhh

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    and then you paid how much for shipping? It cost you 74.00 for 2 boxes (assuming that's how many you bought... I could only get 2) and then they charge a flat rate of 12.00 shipping from there which means you paid 86.00, which is about what I paid with shipping... so how am I gouging anyone again?

BTW, notice the OP starts a bunch of stuff and then doesn't post anymore? Wahhhhhh wahhhhh

What's your complex? Maybe I came off strong on the wording but I didn't mean say you were gouging anyone, I was comparing prices, it looks about even, doesn't it besides the gun show HST's.

:thumbsup:

I did buy 2 boxes at Timonium show, but I try to buy as much bulk as I can to justify shipping from the internet

Sep 9, 2012
    What's your complex? Maybe I came off strong on the wording but I didn't mean say you were gouging anyone, I was comparing prices, it looks about even, doesn't it besides the gun show HST's.

:thumbsup:

I did buy 2 boxes at Timonium show, but I try to buy as much bulk as I can to justify shipping from the internet

that was more directed at the OP for his whining and complaining lol.

LadyAR

Mar 22, 2013
    The price all went up, I can't believe you can't even buy ammo, I went everywhere all I see is empty shelves. Were suppose to go shooting next week and I don't have enough ammo... too bad I will just save it, and hope everything went back to normal.

LadyAR

Mar 22, 2013
    I called a gusn shop in Belair Maryland and I will not buy ammo from them, because the price is too high. No thanks you can keep you ammo I can wait.

mdjohn

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 14, 2013
    Harford county
    as a side note.............

will you guys stop buying guns

so I don't have to wait so long

thank you for your cooperation in this matter

:lol2:

Wheaton Hills Sportsman

Jan 27, 2012
    I am not going to buy ammo from anyone reselling it, if someone is panic buying ammo for themselves I believe we should let them, but the ammo scalpers get on my nerves, I would rather leave them with garages of unneeded ammo sniveling about how it is even cheaper in the stores.

elmerjr128

Mar 15, 2011
    The price all went up, I can't believe you can't even buy ammo, I went everywhere all I see is empty shelves. Were suppose to go shooting next week and I don't have enough ammo... too bad I will just save it, and hope everything went back to normal.

I called a gusn shop in Belair Maryland and I will not buy ammo from them, because the price is too high. No thanks you can keep you ammo I can wait.

Mooseman is right, we have to relax and not buy ammo right now...

Quite possibly the greatest first 3 posts on any forum, ever.

Cyclone

Jr. Zombie Killer
    Jan 25, 2010
    Rosedale, MD
    I am seeing price going pretty well for the past 1 month. I am into 5.45 right now and they just keep getting back in stock and for the decent price of 18 cents per ammo...

Sep 9, 2012
    I am not going to buy ammo from anyone reselling it, if someone is panic buying ammo for themselves I believe we should let them, but the ammo scalpers get on my nerves, I would rather leave them with garages of unneeded ammo sniveling about how it is even cheaper in the stores.

ammo hasn't even really gone up, some people just are able to find it. No one is really losing out in the end unless they buy a boatload.

ShoreShooter

Ultimate Member
    Feb 27, 2013
    This isn't a scientific calculation, but it appears to me that prices have already stopped rising, which is a start. It also appears that supply has begun to ease just a bit. If this is correct, we should see relief soon enough.

Frankly, I admire the retailers who are dealing with the shortage by restrictions on how much they will sell, rather than by ramping price to take advantage of the situation. Restrictions on supply while keeping pricing contained prevents buyers from loading up on the cheap and then gouging someone else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom