• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Justintrip

Dec 25, 2012
    Crofton, MD
    I picked up a hard case for my rifle at Dick's in Crofton and the women behind me in the checkout line looked at me like I was the devil on a mission. I assured her the case was for transporting drugs only and she seemed relieved.....seriously though, what the hell?

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    If mayhem comes calling, high and mighty types like her will be the first at your door begging for help. Always remind them of it, loudly and proudly, when opportunity present itself. Eventually it might sink into their noggin.

Echo

Troublemaker
    Oct 31, 2012
    Annapolis
    Some people get weird. :sad20:

I was moving my gear to my car from my apartment and there just happen to be a family loading stuff into their car. They just stopped and looked at me as I put my rifle case and ammo can into the car. The whole trip to the range I was thinking. "yup, cops are coming for me."

Boom Boom

Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    I was moving my gear to my car from my apartment and there just happen to be a family loading stuff into their car. They just stopped and looked at me as I put my rifle case and ammo can into the car. The whole trip to the range I was thinking. "yup, cops are coming for me."

Makes me thankful I have a garage to load my gear privately. Maybe an easy way to set them more at ease when loading your gear is to wear a bright orange hunting vest and ball cap. Or use cheap musical instrument cases.

Boom Boom

Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Why do we have to keep hiding what we enjoy and do? What are we guilty of? I am tired of this country's pussification.:mad54:

He's in an apartment, presumably a complex. Not his property. Do what you want if you own the property.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Like new concealed carry permit recipients, I think you just misinterpret how someone looked at you, especially during this chaotic time.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    I dont think any of my neighbors would care if they saw me loading up my car, open carrying in my yard, or cleaning my evil AR's on my deck.

I didnt decide on MD when I bought a house...but I did decide on my community.

hawxter996

this avatar is offensive!
    Nov 11, 2008
    at home
    my neighbors see me all the time.
    they often ask what new toys i have
    i tell them its all paintball related.
    we have frequent break ins in the area,no need to give
    them an inventory list.

notfast

Sep 3, 2012
    Bel Air, MD
    My townhouse neighbors give me weird looks and questions when I'm cleaning my truck or changing spark plugs...I can't imagine what they'd say if they saw me loading ammo/rifle cases....

OH WELL :)

sheat36

May 24, 2012
    Westminster, MD
    Invite them to the range with you. I have taken several people shooting for the first time, next thing you know, they will be asking you for advice for their first gun buy. Trust me, it works

hvymax

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 19, 2010
    Dentsville District 28
    I dont think any of my neighbors would care if they saw me loading up my car, open carrying in my yard, or cleaning my evil AR's on my deck.

I didnt decide on MD when I bought a house...but I did decide on my community.

Mine are probably relieved when they see me loading my guns up. Otherwise I would be shooting at home.

GRAY GHOST

The 43rd
    Jul 24, 2012
    C.S.A.
    here's one. i had to wait for my wife in the doctors office last week. i knew that they had no mags to read.so i took in a guns n ammo mag to read. so i sat down and started to read it. people got up moved to the other side of the room. :lol2: the only person to stay put was the MD trooper. he just smiled at me.

Kman

Blah, blah, blah
    Dec 23, 2010
    Eastern shore
    I picked up a hard case for my rifle at Dick's in Crofton and the women behind me in the checkout line looked at me like I was the devil on a mission. I assured her the case was for transporting drugs only and she seemed relieved.....seriously though, what the hell?

Did the chick not realize she was in a sporting goods store? :sad20:

browning guy

SCRUFFY NERF HERDER
    Dec 10, 2009
    Essex
    here's one. i had to wait for my wife in the doctors office last week. i knew that they had no mags to read.so i took in a guns n ammo mag to read. so i sat down and started to read it. people got up moved to the other side of the room. :lol2: the only person to stay put was the MD trooper. he just smiled at me.

I go to the Kaiser heathcare in Whitemarsh, When ever I go I take a staxk of old gun mags and leave them in the waiting room.

My neighbors are use to me mowing the law with a 10mm on my side I don't think they care any more.:lol2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom