• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gungate

NRA Patron Member
    Apr 5, 2012
    Damascus. MD
    I got a stuck case. I got it out but what a PITA. Ended up removing the primer plunger which was also stuck in the case. Hammering got everything out. I first hammered the pin into the stuck case which freed that, and then I had to hammer the plunger out. I mushroomed out the end of the plunger a bit and had to file it down to get it back in. I wasn't sure what depth to put that so I just copied another sizing die they all seem to be the same. I learned my lesson to lube first!

2nd issue. When I added more powder to my lee powder drop, I forgot to turn it on. By the time I realized it, 5 or so had gone through. Fortunately I weigh each finished round and could easily tell the ones without powder. I have one of those hammer buller removers. It works, but the bullets have plastic tips and those tips are getting bent over when they finally pop out. Is there a bullet puller that doesn't work this way? If not I'll just toss the bullets I guess. Maybe I could just rip the tip off? Not sure what it even does many of my factory rounds are just flat.

Good news is I did 180 rounds! My first big run! I had a little issue with the primer feeder. I toasted 3 primers. I had to take the entire press apart to get all the pieces out. And the above mentioned rounds without powder.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    I got a stuck case. I got it out but what a PITA. Ended up removing the primer plunger which was also stuck in the case. Hammering got everything out. I first hammered the pin into the stuck case which freed that, and then I had to hammer the plunger out. I mushroomed out the end of the plunger a bit and had to file it down to get it back in. I wasn't sure what depth to put that so I just copied another sizing die they all seem to be the same. I learned my lesson to lube first!

2nd issue. When I added more powder to my lee powder drop, I forgot to turn it on. By the time I realized it, 5 or so had gone through. Fortunately I weigh each finished round and could easily tell the ones without powder. I have one of those hammer buller removers. It works, but the bullets have plastic tips and those tips are getting bent over when they finally pop out. Is there a bullet puller that doesn't work this way? If not I'll just toss the bullets I guess. Maybe I could just rip the tip off? Not sure what it even does many of my factory rounds are just flat.

Good news is I did 180 rounds! My first big run! I had a little issue with the primer feeder. I toasted 3 primers. I had to take the entire press apart to get all the pieces out. And the above mentioned rounds without powder.
    How about sticking a little piece of sponge in there to cushion the bullet when it lets go?

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    You need one of these...

I always keep it mounted in a single stage press when I do big runs of a particular round in my Dillon. Huge time saver.

Growler215

Ultimate Member
    Dec 30, 2020
    SOMD

If you get the red powder hopper that Lee used to use, no need to turn powder off to add more. $3.19 at Grafs (buy other stuff to spread shipping cost out.)

guzma393

Jan 15, 2020
    Severn, MD
    put one of those foam disposable earplugs in the hammer. that did the trick for me.

1690680304562.png

gungate

NRA Patron Member
    Apr 5, 2012
    Damascus. MD

gungate

NRA Patron Member
    Apr 5, 2012
    Damascus. MD
    I got the below in and used it. It works really really well! Pulled the bullets smoothly and cleanly with no bullet damage.

Only minor issue is I had to use a crescent wrench to hold the puller's base in place so I could loosen the collet. That's because the quick release nature of the Lee press isn't designed to tightly hold the dies in the press. No biggie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom