• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rondeezy

Aug 25, 2022
    College Park
    I’m trying to switch out a handguard but the gasblock is stuck. What do you guys use to remove a stuck gasblock. I think the thread locker I used is holding on for life. I tried flame, boiling water and banging away. The screws came out but it’s seized. I ordered debonder but won’t be here till Saturday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    Have you tried a bigger hammer? Maybe a carbon cutter will work? SLP or M Pro 7? You could try to vice the gas block and use this to try and twist it?
    armors-m4-barrel-spline-socket-rod-5__71589.1378658120__39770.1680294998.jpg

Rondeezy

Aug 25, 2022
    College Park
    Have you tried a bigger hammer? Maybe a carbon cutter will work? SLP or M Pro 7? You could try to vice the gas block and use this to try and twist it?
    armors-m4-barrel-spline-socket-rod-5__71589.1378658120__39770.1680294998.jpg

I’ve used 3 different hammers and nothing budging. I have a feeling the loctite went under the block and it’s seized to the barrel. That pic is that something that goes into the barrel?

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    I’ve used 3 different hammers and nothing budging. I have a feeling the loctite went under the block and it’s seized to the barrel. That pic is that something that goes into the barrel?

It will hold the barrel still so you can remove the gas block. It fits into the lugs in the barrel. I was thinking you you put horizontal pressure vs lateral that way it may break free. Do you have a vice block to hold the upper in place? You could try using that and rotate the gas block so it breaks loose. You may need a new gas block after?

Rondeezy

Aug 25, 2022
    College Park
    It will hold the barrel still so you can remove the gas block. It fits into the lugs in the barrel. I was thinking you you put horizontal pressure vs lateral that way it may break free. Do you have a vice block to hold the upper in place? You could try using that and rotate the gas block so it breaks loose. You may need a new gas block after?

I just ordered an adjustable one cause I plan on getting a can so I’m just trying to get it free lol

atblis

Ultimate Member
    May 23, 2010
    Likely you're being a little too nice with the heat. Heat it up good and then try to get it rotating first by tapping on it with a hammer. Once it starts rotating, it'll definitely come off. You'll want to remove the gas tube first.

Rondeezy

Aug 25, 2022
    College Park
    Update: finally got it off. Heated it up on an off and used two crescent wrenches to twist the block and barrel nut back n forth. I appreciate the help.

msinc

Mar 12, 2010
    Put it on a press and press it off...just make sure you use something aluminum on the barrels muzzle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom