• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC
    Okay, here's the short version.

Was supposed to meet up with a whole lot of guys tonight to shoot some trap and go out to eat.

Well, first, I went to the wrong place. No prob, I'll just leave and go to the right place.

WRONG. Car dies before I can leave the wrong place.

Stranger (Bob) tries jumper cables. No go.

I call AAA. Takes 'em forever to get there....they try jumper cables. Car starts!!!

Go to Carney. Do not turn off car. See friend's car in lot. Wait.

Guy says try it, I have cables if car won't start again.

Turn off car. Car won't start.

Jump car again....no go

Jump it again....fine.

Come home.

Have gigantic rum and coke!!! :D

3rdRcn, Sinzitu....we'll get together before I leave.

Travis, Justin and Fred....you guys as well.

Grb, onatsky.....nice to meet you/see you again.

I'm having another drink. Having some dinner and relaxing.

august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC
    And meeting up for grub never happened either!

The old gal has held up a long time Joe, they get tempermental with age.

Looks like its as simple as a new battery. 211000 miles on her and she's still going. The good news is now my temp gauge, turn signals work and the check engine light is off.

In her condition there's no reason to do any heavy repairs....the car is nearing the end of her life. She'll be 10 next year.

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    sounds like your battery leads are going bad or totally dead battery.. did you try to jump it and leave the cables for few minutes to charge up the battery a lil? may be the reason it ran after few tries.

MDMOUNTAINEER

Glock, AR, Savage Junkie
    Mar 4, 2009
    West Virginia
    sounds like your battery leads are going bad or totally dead battery.. did you try to jump it and leave the cables for few minutes to charge up the battery a lil? may be the reason it ran after few tries.

Yep, finally disconnected the battery and hardlined the cables:thumbsup:

He needs a new battery

grb

Ultimate Member
    Jan 23, 2010
    MT. Airy, Md
    Joe, good to meet you as well as tss104, 3rdrcn, onatsky, sinzitu, evilf150. I didn't shoot for crap but it was a great time.

Joe, too bad about your car taking a dump. Would have liked to have seen "Shotgun Joe" behind the trigger. I thought there for a minute in the parking lot you were gonna take that shotgun to your car. :lol2: We'll try again before you get out of town.

3rdRcn

RIP
    Industry Partner
    Sep 9, 2007
    Harford County
    Where the heck were you guys at, I never saw ya. Caeb75 and I headed to batemans to find out it was shut down so we ate at the Mexican rest. next door. I was wondering what happened to you guys.

Good meetin everybody tonight, had a great time. I'll probably shoot over at BCGF tomorrow night if anybody cares to join me.

august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC
    Joe, good to meet you as well as tss104, 3rdrcn, onatsky, sinzitu, evilf150. I didn't shoot for crap but it was a great time.

Joe, too bad about your car taking a dump. Would have liked to have seen "Shotgun Joe" behind the trigger. I thought there for a minute in the parking lot you were gonna take that shotgun to your car. :lol2: We'll try again before you get out of town.

Shotgun Joe behind the trigger is not that impressive, I assure you. My clay shooting skills need some serious practice.

We definitely have to get together before I leave.

I was kinda spent tonight and was not at my best. I apologize for seeming kinda loony. Once I got home and had a rum and coke and talked with my wife for a while, I felt a lot better.

grb

Ultimate Member
    Jan 23, 2010
    MT. Airy, Md
    Where the heck were you guys at, I never saw ya. Caeb75 and I headed to batemans to find out it was shut down so we ate at the Mexican rest. next door. I was wondering what happened to you guys.

Good meetin everybody tonight, had a great time. I'll probably shoot over at BCGF tomorrow night if anybody cares to join me.

LOL. By the time we got Joe's ride running again, our convoy leader left the building. Oh well, I had a long ride home and grabbed a 5 Guys. Great shooting tonight by the way.

grb

Ultimate Member
    Jan 23, 2010
    MT. Airy, Md
    Shotgun Joe behind the trigger is not that impressive, I assure you. My clay shooting skills need some serious practice.

We definitely have to get together before I leave.

I was kinda spent tonight and was not at my best. I apologize for seeming kinda loony. Once I got home and had a rum and coke and talked with my wife for a while, I felt a lot better.

No apology necessary. I hate it when crap like that happens to me as well. You couldn't have shot worse than me tonight. (Just ask the other guys) Still a great time.

august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC
    No apology necessary. I hate it when crap like that happens to me as well. You couldn't have shot worse than me tonight. (Just ask the other guys) Still a great time.

Last time out, I shot six clays in the first round of skeet.....two in the second round.

Haven't shot trap in a while, but I am better at it than skeet.

onatsky

Ultimate Member
    Feb 17, 2010
    Parkville MD

We were waiting for you guys in the parking lot coz TSS1004 found out that Bateman's close, then we ran into Joe and helped him out with his car.

Next time, thanks for the shells, Sir!

Ron

3rdRcn

RIP
    Industry Partner
    Sep 9, 2007
    Harford County
    We were waiting for you guys in the parking lot coz TSS1004 found out that Bateman's close, then we ran into Joe and helped him out with his car.

Next time, thanks for the shells, Sir!

Ron

I thought you guys had already rolled out so I followed Caeb, never saw anybody in the parking lot. Got a text from sinzitu and a voice mail from FPS saying that Joe had broken down so I never figured on seeing him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom