• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hdatontodo

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2012
    So. Central Balto Co
    You can go to certain indoor ranges and rent and shoot.

The md st police website has info on the hql license to purchase a pistol on their roster

Sent from my Samsung Phone using Tapatalk

AlpineDude67

Feb 17, 2013
    You now need a special license, called an HQL license to buy a handgun in Maryland. There is also a waiting period.

For a rifle or shotgun, you just need to fill out a bunch of paperwork then pass an instant background check and you can take your purchase home the same day.

Ranges have varying rules. Almost all of them will not let you rent a handgun if you go in alone - so bring a buddy if you want to rent a gun and try it out before you buy it.

If you are just starting out - take a class on basic firearms safety and the basics of marksmanship. Most ranges will offer an introductory class. Don't rush to buy something immediately - the more you learn before you buy the better.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    What is the process of joining the local shooting range?

How do get a gun licence?

Local ranges have thier own rules for membership, while public ranges are open to everybody. If you are looking to join a local range, check into one of the AGC clubs, so you can gain access to the AGC ranges. On the other hand, if you can get up my way, I'll take you to a public range so you can shoot (you are buying the ammo though... :D )

Are you asking what the process is to get an HQL so you can buy a handgun or are you asking how to buy a shotgun or rifle? There is a big difference in the answer, depending on what you are looking to buy.

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    You now need a special license, called an HQL license to buy a handgun in Maryland. There is also a waiting period.

For a rifle or shotgun, you just need to fill out a bunch of paperwork then pass an instant background check and you can take your purchase home the same day.

Ranges have varying rules. Almost all of them will not let you rent a handgun if you go in alone - so bring a buddy if you want to rent a gun and try it out before you buy it.

If you are just starting out - take a class on basic firearms safety and the basics of marksmanship. Most ranges will offer an introductory class. Don't rush to buy something immediately - the more you learn before you buy the better.

You need your HQL to RENT a handgun now too! Thanks O'Malley!:wtf:

Not sure about rifles. Also you don't need a Buddy to go to the range but they may ask for your mental health record (not really). There have been two sucides at Continental that I know of.

I like Freestate over by White Marsh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Scot2024

Latest threads

Top Bottom