Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 16, 2008
    Abingdon, MD
    To clarify if you use a LaRue Mount you want a full lug base like this:

lt-113s_rem700-rail_small.jpg

You DONT want a base like this:

MAXIMIZED-SCOPE-RAIL

The Badger Base is $150 and the Badger Rings are $175.00=325.00 and you are dedicating it to one gun. For the LaRue Base is $75.00 and the LT104 Mount is $195.00= $270.00

Second picy no worky, but I could see the right one. This is pretty attractive if I want to move the scope from the 700 to an AR. I really like this idea. Seems like working smarter not harder.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    I can do a pee pee show, ummmm, I mean a "Scope Setup Show" whenever you are ready to put the skype on your puter.:lol2:

Tonight, tomorrow, whenever.

sailskidrive

Legalize the Constitution
    Oct 16, 2011
    Route 27
    Why on earth would they manufactuer a base like the bottom one? It seems like it would require more machine time to cut the center out.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Before someone jumps in my stuff this method Im suggestiong isnt "my" idea. It is Todd Hodnetts idea I got from his endavors with Magpul. His philosophy (And has been mine for a long time) that its better to have 2-4 good scopes on LaRue Mounts for 10 rifles than 10 cheap scopes on fixed mounts on 10 rifles.

Add up the cost of marginal scopes and optics and you can get 2-4 Excellent Optics. You can get a 1-4X, 3-9X, 4-14X, and 8-25X and it will cover anything you ever will need.

I only suggest all the scopes use the same LaRue Mounts and have the same adjustments, in either Inches or Mils so you have the same adjustments between optics.

LaRue is a true repeatable mounting system as long as you put it in the same rail position on the gun you put it on.

A smple dope book and a day on the range will tell you what guns need what adjustments to get them zeroed without needing to resight after swapping optics from gun to gun.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Why on earth would they manufactuer a base like the bottom one? It seems like it would require more machine time to cut the center out.

I cant answer that, perhaps its a lightening cut. Problem is on larue mounts and many other rings the ring lug is does no cover edge to edge and the lug is in the middle of the ring. This means you ony get about 20% contact and it WILL peen the base and mounts.

El_flasko

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 16, 2008
    Abingdon, MD
    I can do a pee pee show, ummmm, I mean a "Scope Setup Show" whenever you are ready to put the skype on your puter.:lol2:

Tonight, tomorrow, whenever.

Lol!!

Will do. Have my little bro bringing his whole family in from NC (he just got transferred there from key west), so I'll be wrapped up with him tomorrow thru Sunday (haven't seen him in a year). I'll touch base early next week and THANK YOU for your input chad. :)

Thanks to all in this thread. A TON of good info out there and you all break it down so well :)

Ryan

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jlng1984

Latest threads

Top Bottom