• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mwelliott

May 17, 2006
    Columbia
    I will be there for the AM session. This will be the first USPSA match of the year for me. I am certainly looking forward to not needing to use cover.:thumbsup:

Mike

mwelliott

May 17, 2006
    Columbia
    Whats the matter, Mike, you don't like IDPA?
    Kent

I do still like IDPA but its fun to mix it up a bit on a Saturday when my local club is not shooting. I will be using the same gun, just a different belt and mag pouches for limited in USPSA. I think the more rounds I can get downrange the better.

but hopefully you'll wear the very fashionable photog's vest for ol' times sake...

I think the IDPA costume will stay home but just maybe I will wear my "bowling shirt" festooned with all the logos. That way I will feel right at home with the rest of the USPSA crowd. :)

Mike

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    match was fun, stages were good. bonus was hearing the auto racing in the background. that, and it didn't rain at all.

mwelliott

May 17, 2006
    Columbia
    For my first outing in Limited it turned out to be a pretty entertaining day. The weather was great and the people at who run the match there were certainly friendly and I was able to get squadded with davsco and another friend. There were a total of 6 stages and I ended up using 131 rounds before the day was over. I have only shot 2 other USPSA matches (both in production) and that was last year so it took a little bit to get used to a Major load and not having to use cover, being able to drop loaded magazines and ignoring some other IDPA specific rules. I thought I was in the clear until the second to last stage I caught myself slicing the pie around a wall :thumbsup:. Overall I shot a good match. There was an error uploading my scores so I actually finished higher than the results reflect right now. I'm afraid this is yet another game that I will continue to play when I am able.

Mike

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    For my first outing in Limited it turned out to be a pretty entertaining day. The weather was great and the people at who run the match there were certainly friendly and I was able to get squadded with davsco and another friend. There were a total of 6 stages and I ended up using 131 rounds before the day was over. I have only shot 2 other USPSA matches (both in production) and that was last year so it took a little bit to get used to a Major load and not having to use cover, being able to drop loaded magazines and ignoring some other IDPA specific rules. I thought I was in the clear until the second to last stage I caught myself slicing the pie around a wall :thumbsup:. Overall I shot a good match. There was an error uploading my scores so I actually finished higher than the results reflect right now. I'm afraid this is yet another game that I will continue to play when I am able.

Mike
    Yeah I shot 5 of their matches last year, some in Open and some in Limited. Liked it better than Thurmont because they make a better effort to get their scores on the USPSA website. I prefer to shoot Minor in Limited with my Bul because it is setup as a steel gun (I shoot it at the PSA shootout) and has lighter springs I don't want to change. I leave the Major loads for my STI. Big difference in 9x23mm between 7.5g of Auto Comp behind a 115g Ranier and 5.7g of Unique behind a 124g Ranier, like almost 400 FPS.
    Kent

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    Can't do the April SP event because the PSA Shootout at Palmyra is that weekend. Guess I will do TCSC and then check some of the other clubs I have not been to yet. Only way I could do it is to shoot at SP Saturday and do the rimfire side matches on Friday instead of Sat. at PSA. That would mean shooting 3 straight days, PA, then WV, and then PA again. Not sure my almost 65 YO body can handle that.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    sure it can, you have a whole week to relax before the next weekend's matches! i am planning on doing summit uspsa sat 4/28 and then PSA sunday morning and afternoon.

anyone know anything about the idpa skills session fri apr 27 at thurmont?

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    I don't know, might be just for newbies.
    I'm shooting my Limited gun Sunday AM at PSA. I don't usually shoot Sunday afternoon because my mid-shift job requires me to be at work in WV at 11:30 PM on Sunday night and after driving back from PSA I plan on sleeping some. Sometimes I take that first shift of the week off due to competition. I plan on doing that for the Ruger Worlds up at Ontelaunee in July.
    Right now I need to get the AR I finished building last week for multigun dialed in. Guess I will have to spend some time up the hill at Creasap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Markmcgrrr

Latest threads

Top Bottom