Mar 31, 2009
    ?
    18342025_1915942742022807_5230010545387879072_n.jpg

Last edited:

DarthZed

Ultimate Member
    Sep 25, 2010
    Howard County
    No offense, but whats the point of jumping through many hoops to get a copy of a historic firearm; then modify the gun to unrecognizable lengths? I mean I've looked at these too, but that just makes no sense to me. There are many better 9mm carbines out there if thats what you wanted, and if you wanted a Suomi, why convert it like that? Not tying to be a di#k, just trying to wrap my head around the reason for this?

I went through similar problems to get my PPS-43c transfered (also had issues with Centerfire, ended up going with SOG), but I'm going to SBR it and install a surplus folding stock from a parts kit to return it to its historic configuration.

lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007
    i prefer the classic look, but thats just me.
    you'll have to give us a range report.:thumbsup:

LostSoul

Nugget Popper
    Oct 29, 2008
    Ho Co
    I apologize in advance, I don't mean any disrespect to you... But since you did post this on a public forum, one can only assume you're looking for comments or opinions.

That thing is a friggin abortion. If you're not happy with how a gun is configured in its original condition, then you're probably better off finding a different gun you like better. Especially in the instance of an uncommon historical platform with no aftermarket.

So you are the mythical Bubba.... Wow.

My thoughts exactly. You've taken a clean, attractive (IMO) Suomi and hacked it into a mall ninja's wet dream.

Neot

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2009
    South County
    Not my cup of tea but I admire your dedication to make it YOURS and the way you like it. Please tell me that's not a Trijicon on the rails though haha.

treadhead88

Panzerfahrer
    Jun 20, 2009
    Cecil Co.
    Ordered one form Centerfire Systems about a year and a half ago, called, paid for it, they shipped it to Gun Connection, no problem. I guess they changed their policy.

Nubz

Yankee Trash
    Mar 16, 2012
    In my opinion you fuglied it up

I take the "nice work" part back after looking at the pics again
    It looks like someone chewed on the wood near the receiver

Last edited:

KMK1862

Ultimate Member
    Oct 12, 2010
    York County, PA
    Ordered one form Centerfire Systems about a year and a half ago, called, paid for it, they shipped it to Gun Connection, no problem. I guess they changed their policy.

IMO, Centerfire is now being a real jerk in relation to shipping things to MD. AFAIK, they won't send AMD-65s here either.

OP, it's your money, your gun, and therefore your right to do what you want to it, but why? That looked good the way it was to me.

Rockerspsl

Apr 10, 2011
    Glen Burnie, MD
    With practice, you might be able to find a market for the tactical stocks, but I think the wood stock was beautiful. I also liked the exposed barrel better than having the rails on the sides too, but I can't tell you what to do with your guns.

DocAitch

Jun 22, 2011
    North of Baltimore
    Suomi

I can't add much more to this discussion except my agreement with those posters who prefer the original look. I believe you have shown ingenuity and skill with your makeover, but a High Point carbine might have been a better subject
    I do appreciate your outlining of the difficulties in obtaining this firearm, but have to point out the barriers that you have experienced originate in the "Freestate" and not at Centerfire. If you have a desirable commodity and can sell it anywhere else, why bother with the hostile bureaucracy in Maryland?
    DocAitch

DarthZed

Ultimate Member
    Sep 25, 2010
    Howard County
    In two words " drum magazine" I love them, I like high capacity rifles and pistols, I like drums

That I can understand. :D

Crying shame we can't get the real thing, and do mag dumps. Though I suppose that might get expensive after a while. ;)

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    I'm glad you like it and may it suit you well. Now, just to balance the universe I will have to buy a Steyr AUG and put a handcarved redwood stock on it.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    You know, I'm kinda surprised that ATI hasn't come out with an aftermarket PG stock for the Suomi clones coming out. Seems like there would be a big market for a tacticool drum fed 9mm rifle. Hell, even just a simple adapter so you could use an AR-15 pistol grip and stock... the Suomi is laid out pretty well to support that, moreso than many other "traditional" rifles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Scot2024

Latest threads

Top Bottom