Supreme Court remits MD assault weapons ban back to lower courts in light of Bruen vs. NY ruling

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    "A gun is a useless piece of steel without the mindset behind the trigger."

- Madeline Brame, Victims' Rights Reform Council Chairwoman, on The Bottom Line, FBN 4/17/23, whose Army vet son was stabbed to death in 2018.

Last edited:

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    "A gun is a useless piece of steel without the mindset behind the trigger."

- Madeline Brame, Victims' Rights Reform Council Chairwoman, on The Bottom Line, FBN 4/17/23 at whose Army vet son was stabbed to death in 2018.

Better call out dem dogs the Plantation done lost another one.

"Don't insult my intelligence," Brame interjected as Chairman Rep. Jim Jordan, R-Ohio, attempted to maintain order. "You're trying to insult me like I'm not aware of what's going on here. I'm fully aware of what's going on here, OK? That's why I walked away from the plantation of the Democratic Party."

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    There is another 2A case that is taking longer than people think it should, that is Miller v. Bonta in California.

Here is some speculation by Washington Gun Law about what may be happening:

It makes me wonder if something similar may happen with the Maryland case and the signing of SB 1?

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013

"Don't insult my intelligence," Brame interjected as Chairman Rep. Jim Jordan, R-Ohio, attempted to maintain order. "You're trying to insult me like I'm not aware of what's going on here. I'm fully aware of what's going on here, OK? That's why I walked away from the plantation of the Democratic Party."

Amen.

Patattack88

Jan 9, 2020
    Westminster
    D025A512-3FCC-432A-B9E4-45294A131260.gif

Apd09

May 30, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    For some good news the IL assault weapons ban got Preliminary injunctioned today in the IL southern district.

Where you seeing that, I’m only finding an article saying a federal judge declined to block the law saying they’re “particularly dangerous”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

243hunter

Oct 26, 2012
    Illinois
    Where you seeing that, I’m only finding an article saying a federal judge declined to block the law saying they’re “particularly dangerous”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    For some good news the IL assault weapons ban got Preliminary injunctioned today in the IL southern district.
    Give us a link. Most current I can find is Judge Jenkins denying an injunction to block the law, posted today.

Her argument seems to fail every aspect of the Bruen test. Here's a quote from the article:
    "U.S. District Judge Lindsay Jenkins said that the gun control laws are consistent with the United States' historical tradition of firearm regulation, and that the gun owner was unlikely to show they are unconstitutional. She also said that the government has a prevailing interest in protecting the public from "dangerous" weapons that is not outweighed by the Second Amendment's protection of the right to keep and bear arms."

EDIT: Thanks for posting the latest opinion; popped up while I was writing the above.

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    Advice to vote is only useful when there’s someone on the ballot worth voting for.
    The run for office yourself, so there will be at least one good name on the ballot. I did and only came up a couple of percentage points shy of victory.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ramseye

Latest threads

Top Bottom