Supreme Court remits MD assault weapons ban back to lower courts in light of Bruen vs. NY ruling

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sgt. Psycho

Ultimate Member
    Nov 1, 2009
    as long as their political bent aligns with Herr Goebbels - oops, I misspelled Zuckerberg there.
    An understandable misspelling, considering Zuckerberg's political beliefs and behavior. It is both surprising and sad that he behaves more like Goebbels than the religious Jew he claims to be, considering the history of suffering the Jews have with things like gun control, government tyranny, Nazis, etc.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Frosh isn't AG anymore. He served his purpose, and they will have no problem pushing the issue and making him the fall guy.

Just the same, the idea that this classic slapdown will be on record for far longer than he will be alive, will haunt him to his dying day.

Or so I prefer to believe. And yes, it makes me smile.

Merlin593

Mar 29, 2013
    Towson, MD
    This is a great summary of a current court case from Maryland that is fighting our current assault weapons ban in the 4th circuit. This guy is very thorough with his descriptions of the case and really keeps up with all cases relevant to our 2nd amendment rights. Let's keep our fingers crossed that the outcome turns out as expected!

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    An understandable misspelling, considering Zuckerberg's political beliefs and behavior. It is both surprising and sad that he behaves more like Goebbels than the religious Jew he claims to be, considering the history of suffering the Jews have with things like gun control, government tyranny, Nazis, etc.
    Zuck and Waldstreicher come from the same cloth, they actually believe they are doing something to protect the community, when in point of fact, they are making their own tribe (and the other tribes) easier targets for the future Goebbels of the world.

MattFinals718

Nov 23, 2022
    Arlington, VA
    So I’m going to admit that I’ve changed my perspective a bit now that I’ve watched this video:

I see why anti-gun legislators (e.g., most of MGA) have so little incentive to be afraid.

Last edited:

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Zuck and Waldstreicher come from the same cloth, they actually believe they are doing something to protect the community, when in point of fact, they are making their own tribe (and the other tribes) easier targets for the future Goebbels of the world.
    They aren't really. Or at least I can't comment on Waldstreicher, but he doesn't seem the delusions of grandeur type. Zukerberg DOES have them. Notice his stupid android bowl cut hair? It is literally because he worships Caesar Octavian and styled himself as such.

Zuck really does not believe in democracy.

Garet Jax

Not ignored by gamer_jim
    MDS Supporter
    May 5, 2011
    Bel Air
    So I’m going to admit that I’ve changed my perspective a bit now that I’ve watched this video:

I see why anti-gun legislators (e.g., most of MGA) have so little incentive to be afraid.

Who cares if we win. Once Merrick Garland is replaced with a 2A sympathetic AG, we should charge all the Governors who signed these laws into being and all the legislators who voted in favor. We should wait until they are no longer representatives so they have to use their own money to defend themselves. We should weaponize the AG just like the Demonrats have weaponized the FBI, CIA, ATF, Home Land Security and the IRS. We should use tax dollars to hire attorneys to fight these cases.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Who cares if we win. Once Merrick Garland is replaced with a 2A sympathetic AG, we should charge all the Governors who signed these laws into being and all the legislators who voted in favor. We should wait until they are no longer representatives so they have to use their own money to defend themselves. We should weaponize the AG just like the Demonrats have weaponized the FBI, CIA, ATF, Home Land Security and the IRS. We should use tax dollars to hire attorneys to fight these cases.
    So here’s an experienced lawyer telling you exactly why that won’t work, and yet you’re advocating for doing exactly the thing you’re complaining about. Spiteful tantrums that won’t fix anything are worse than doing nothing.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    So here’s an experienced lawyer telling you exactly why that won’t work, and yet you’re advocating for doing exactly the thing you’re complaining about. Spiteful tantrums that won’t fix anything are worse than doing nothing.
    I get it, though. It’s an emotional response, and strong feelings can overcome logic. Just like the other side passing laws that do exactly what Bruen said wasn’t kosher. A lot of time, money, and energy was put into passing SB1. A “we’ll show you!” passed by people who should know better.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    I get it, though. It’s an emotional response, and strong feelings can overcome logic. Just like the other side passing laws that do exactly what Bruen said wasn’t kosher. A lot of time, money, and energy was put into passing SB1. A “we’ll show you!” passed by people who should know better.
    Yes. That’s the empowered but arrested development juvenile left irrationally doing what they always do. Let’s not be them.

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 24, 2012
    Escaped MD-stan to WNC Smokies
    … arrested development …

^That^ is an extremely important condition to be aware of as I am confident history is going to use it in defining multiple generations following the baby boomers … (too early for history to do so now but, that doesn’t lessen the importance of keeping AD in the forefront of our minds as we watch all the crumbling around us ….)

Garet Jax

Not ignored by gamer_jim
    MDS Supporter
    May 5, 2011
    Bel Air
    Yes. That’s the empowered but arrested development juvenile left irrationally doing what they always do. Let’s not be them.

In case you haven't noticed, they're winning. They play dirty and we are not juvenile, arrested development, irrational enough to counter it.

Garet Jax

Not ignored by gamer_jim
    MDS Supporter
    May 5, 2011
    Bel Air

The first reason is because it is hard to do with a high bar for success. So what might as well try.
    The second reason is because of the current AG - I suggested we wait until we can put in a 2A sympathetic AG
    Can't remember the 3rd reason.

As I said who cares if we win. If we show the left that we're willing to prosecute them for knowingly violating our rights, it may give them some pause before passing laws like SB1 which so clearly violate our rights. If not, no worries since they will be spending their own money to defend themselves. This will personally hurt them which is an OK result for me.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    The first reason is because it is hard to do with a high bar for success. So what might as well try.
    The second reason is because of the current AG - I suggested we wait until we can put in a 2A sympathetic AG
    Can't remember the 3rd reason.

As I said who cares if we win. If we show the left that we're willing to prosecute them for knowingly violating our rights, it may give them some pause before passing laws like SB1 which so clearly violate our rights. If not, no worries since they will be spending their own money to defend themselves. This will personally hurt them which is an OK result for me.
    It won’t hurt them at all if a judge simply throws it out immediately for all the reasons Video Lawyer just spelled out.

There’s a big difference between acting unconstitutionally under the color of law, and passing ultimately unconstitutional laws under the color of good faith.

Garet Jax

Not ignored by gamer_jim
    MDS Supporter
    May 5, 2011
    Bel Air
    ...A lot of time, money, and energy was put into passing SB1...

None of it was their own money. I am getting hit doubly. I am paying taxes which are being used against me. Then I have to pay to MSI and SAF to try and fix it all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom