• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    There are a few other options that don't cost as much, like Silencerco and AAC.

Surefire is premium stuff at a premium price. Not sure if it's the best VALUE for recreational shooters.

YMMV

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Although, in general, buy once, cry once. And it would suck to spend the 5 - 9 months waiting to get your suppressor, and decide you really should have spent the extra money.

I don't know how the market is for used suppressors, but I have heard that there is not much of one.

jjsat

Apr 14, 2014
    Montgomery Co., MD
    Although, in general, buy once, cry once. And it would suck to spend the 5 - 9 months waiting to get your suppressor, and decide you really should have spent the extra money.

I don't know how the market is for used suppressors, but I have heard that there is not much of one.

I'm looking at used cans for 556 now. This will be my first, so is there anything I should really be looking hard at?

outrider58

Cold Damp Spaces
    MDS Supporter
    I'm looking at used cans for 556 now. This will be my first, so is there anything I should really be looking hard at?

The thing that steered to the Surefire was that the can indexes to the muzzle brake, guaranteeing identical can to muzzle interface every time. Which translates to less zero drift each time you remove-reinstall the can. I think it is the only can out there that works that way as far as I know.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    The thing that steered to the Surefire was that the can indexes to the muzzle brake, guaranteeing identical can to muzzle interface every time. Which translates to less zero drift each time you remove-reinstall the can. I think it is the only can out there that works that way as far as I know.

Thunder Beast Brake Attach cans also do this. They are known for little or NO POI shift with/without the can.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    There are other cans that are just as easy to clean. And cost less.

Vince talked me into the Gemtech GM-22. Easy to take apart and clean, and $100 cheaper. :)

bobthefisher

Durka ninja
    Aug 18, 2010
    Definitely not where you are!
    Yeah, I'm not a big fan of aluminum cores when it comes to 22LR suppressors. It's nice being able to drop the Sparrow in the ultrasonic cleaner and walk away. Plus aluminum is a softer material obviously, and will simply not last as long, especially after some scraping during long volleys of shooting. The GM-22 has a mono-core like the Sparrow, so that helps, but I would still rather have stainless steel. I run the Sparrow on my Glock with the Tactical Solutions 22LR conversion kit, and it cycles fine with high velocity ammo. Pure pleasure to shoot, as with a pistol barrel the HV ammo never breaks the sound barrier and has an available 15rnd magazines that don't suck. Highly recommended if someone wants to practice with a Glock. Plink Plink! :)

If someone is thinking about getting a Tac Sol Glock 22LR conversion. Warning! Get a brand new kit as the some of the initial kits had a lot of problems.

Bosun52

Apr 10, 2014
    Used my SF Ryder 22A for first time yesterday. Cleaned up nicely after a 24 hour balistol soak. Baffles are aluminum, so need to treat them carefully so not to scratch finish.

rayrevolver

Jul 26, 2012
    SF Ryder 22-S with stainless steel baffles should hit dealers soon (per SF rep on another forum). No idea on MSRP. I did a quick search and nothing yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    lsmitty67

Latest threads

Top Bottom