• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    Ruger 10-22. Tons of parts, many guns out there because the gun has been around for a number of years.

Are you talking about an AR7 type rifle?

h2u

Village Idiot
    Jul 8, 2007
    South County
    Drive right down the street to Midcounty Gunshop. Mike is great to deal with and will certainly hook you up.
    PM him or look up his contact info in the "Industry Partners" section.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Along same lines conssider Marlin Papoose. When stowed in the included case will float. Not quite as compact as AR 7 , but the AR 7 has a checkered reputation for reliability, the Marlin uses the same basic action as M 60, etc. While my Papoose doesn't have the milage of my 60, but it has been 100 % reliable, and decent accuracy.

MentalSquint

Can't Stomp Us Out
    Dec 6, 2007
    Frederick
    Gotta throw my old chestnut out. I love my Savage 24 in .22lr over 20 gauge. A little heavier than a 10/22 or a papoose, but it breaks down easily, looks ugly as hell so nobody would think of stealing it, and is versatile.

WSM

Rugeritis
    Oct 8, 2009
    Lancaster, PA
    Gotta throw my old chestnut out. I love my Savage 24 in .22lr over 20 gauge.

These are great and classic weapons but in a true survival situation nobody wants to carry a 10 lb rifle through rough country. Considering that lack of food/water takes its toll very quickly. To me I think of survival as "if my plane went down somewhere in the middle of Alaska" type of situation. But they are all around more useful because of the shotgun barrel.

Treeguy

Jan 14, 2010
    Boonsboro
    I think Armo lite (spelling ?) made a gun that packed into the stock. barrel and all. Very cool i had one but gone along the way.

G O B

Ultimate Member
    Nov 17, 2007
    Cen TX
    Get the AR-7. Light, stores in stock and floats! These were made by several manafacturers, and mags not completly interchangable between them, but all 'flavors' are available.
    This is a Stoner design, so it must be kept clean to be reliable, and don't bang the mags around. That said, since the gun stores in 3 pieces in the stock it is protected from dirt/abuse, and takes all of 20 seconds to assemble. If you put a light coat of auto 'dielectric grease' on the seal where the but cap fits on the stock, the parts stored inside will be water and dust proofed, you can throw it under the seat in the pickup ,john boat or your backpack. It even has a 'scope rail.

BenL

John Galt Speaking.
    the pappose is much more accurate a firearm. the henry is cool but i perer the papoose

I've never seen a papoose in person. What's the build quality like? Is it better than the Henry?

Does anyone make a break down .223 or .308 for <$1000?

ETA: ok, I think I need one of these...

034015m.jpg

http://www.browning.com/products/catalog/firearms/detail.asp?value=003B&cat_id=034&type_id=015

Onua

Ultimate Member
    Sep 13, 2008
    Carroll County
    just saw a used papoose at the gun show for $300, had a nicesoft case, stainless gun with like 10 mags. It was hard to walk away from.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lloyd_Hansen

Latest threads

Top Bottom