• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • R1Peacock

Jan 8, 2013
    Carroll County, MD
    I would contact Susquehanna Fishing Tackle. They are located in the Harrisburg area and sell all the tackle and gear that is needed for the upper Susquehanna. They have a section on their website for guide services and can likely recommend a good guide.

http://sfttackle.com

Have you ever fished the upper Potomac? I went out on the upper Potomac (Lander up to just south of Harpers Ferry) with a friend of mine that owns a jet boat. We caught good size smallmouth all day using a tube. Have to love those river smallmouth - they fight way more than any bass you will catch in the Tidal Potomac or upper Bay.

Awesome baits to use on the upper Potomac and Susquehanna ---

http://www.cabincreekbaits.com/hand-dipped-4-tube-original-salty-critter-gitter/

RP

R1Peacock

Jan 8, 2013
    Carroll County, MD
    Fortunately I have a buddy with a jet boat that has years experience fishing the upper rivers. I have not used any guides on the upper rivers.

I have a 20 foot Champion Bass Boat and mainly fish the Tidal Potomac and Upper Bay.

RP

outrider58

Loves Red Balloons
    MDS Supporter
    Thanks to you both! Do either of you have personal experience fishing with either of these guide services?

Yes. Jesse has been fishing the Susquehanna his whole life. He knows every inch of it. He is also one of my bro's best buds up there and he too knows the river well , though he doesn't guide(he's a famous fish artist). Jesse's a mad man when I comes to fishing up there. Either way you go, I'm sure you'll enjoy.

tdt91

I will miss you my friend
    Apr 24, 2009
    Abingdon
    Hey Peacock and Outrider its possible we know each other. I run a 20' red/wht Javelin. Been with the MBN for a very long time. How about you guys.

R1Peacock

Jan 8, 2013
    Carroll County, MD
    Tdt91.... You wouldn't happen to be associated with a bass club that runs tournaments out of Havre De Grace. River Ratz? I use to fish your Memorial Day Tournament. A few years ago (4-5) my buddy Matt and I finished 2nd and won some $$$$. The other years we finished down in the pack....

Matt's wife passed away 3 years ago and since then things haven't been the same. Between that and my kids getting older and playing travel sports I seldom fish tournaments anymore.

Just saw some of your posts on BBC and have seen some of yours on Ultimate Bass. We use the same member names.

RP

outrider58

Loves Red Balloons
    MDS Supporter
    not sure. I don't fish tournaments. started out fishing north (DC) in 2000 but, mostly run out of Leesylvania for the last few years, though I didn't get out much last year. I will be on the look-out for window stickers this year.

tdt91

I will miss you my friend
    Apr 24, 2009
    Abingdon
    Tdt91.... You wouldn't happen to be associated with a bass club that runs tournaments out of Havre De Grace. River Ratz? I use to fish your Memorial Day Tournament. A few years ago (4-5) my buddy Matt and I finished 2nd and won some $$$$. The other years we finished down in the pack....

Matt's wife passed away 3 years ago and since then things haven't been the same. Between that and my kids getting older and playing travel sports I seldom fish tournaments anymore.

Just saw some of your posts on BBC and have seen some of yours on Ultimate Bass. We use the same member names.

RP

That be me. Thanks for fishing with us. Now that you mention it I haven't seen Matt for a while. Sorry to here about his wife.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Pureblood

Latest threads

Top Bottom