• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Which design would you prefer on the front of the t-shirt?

• Round Logo

Votes: 233 79.8%
    • Text Only

Votes: 59 20.2%

• Total voters

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    dd214_watching_you.jpg

That's kind of creepy, because I was just in the shower.

DD214

Founder
    Apr 26, 2005
    St Mary's County
    Interesting that you see it that way. The original image was an old black-and-white picture of a soldier wearing a helmet, but I edited the image to make it a silhouette, and changed the helmet to a ball-cap to make it a civilian. The idea was to make it look like a typical civilian rifle shooter, perhaps what you might see on the firing line at an NRA highpower rifle event.

One of the more technically savvy members (DD214 maybe?) cleaned the image up for higher resolution, but the basic shape stayed the same and is what you see on the emblem.

Heh, funny that you bring this up as I was trying for the life of me to remember where that graphic came from. I owe you a free shirt since your design became an integral part of the MDShooters logo (in other words, please don't sue me :)).

Splitter

R.I.P.
    Jun 25, 2008
    Westminster, MD
    Interesting that you see it that way. The original image was an old black-and-white picture of a soldier wearing a helmet, but I edited the image to make it a silhouette, and changed the helmet to a ball-cap to make it a civilian. The idea was to make it look like a typical civilian rifle shooter, perhaps what you might see on the firing line at an NRA highpower rifle event.

One of the more technically savvy members (DD214 maybe?) cleaned the image up for higher resolution, but the basic shape stayed the same and is what you see on the emblem.

I understand :). Unfortunately, not many people look at it long enough to notice the details. I wore my Maryland Shooters cap for a about a week on off hours and then someone smiled at me and said, "Army?". I then explained what the cap was about.

The way it struck me, I just didn't want to give the wrong impression so I put it away. Of course, now I cannot find it and it is probably hanging out with the 15 round HiPoint mag I promised another MDS member lol.

Splitter

amish

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2008
    Fredneck
    DD, I've learned something at work... when you want a certain outcome, it's best to make the decision and enact it before telling others and getting their opinion. Once it's done, it's up to them to change it. If you ask them before doing it, I've noticed they usually don't agree with your way of doing something.

Fortunately I've learned and now do everything my way w/o asking :D

jonnyl

Ultimate Member
    Sep 23, 2009
    Frederick
    I think a re-vote is in order now that we've seen the back!

Text front's are a human right and should not be infringed!!

RobMoore

The Mad Scientist
    Feb 10, 2007
    QA
    The w/ M1 design is better than just plain text. I think it might look a bit better if the smaller "mdshooters.com" text was slightly lower and shifted left a touch.

Attachments

• mdshooters.bmp
      225.1 KB · Views: 237

sinzitu

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2009
    TN
    I still like the round logo. Though if we go with the text version I would like to see it w/ the M1. That looks sharp. :thumbsup:

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    Please forgive my ignorance but what does the text on the crest mean?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Molon_labe

"Molon labe has been repeated by many later generals and politicians in order to express an army's or nation's determination to not surrender. The motto ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ is on the emblem of the Greek First Army Corps,[3] and is also the motto of United States Special Operations Command Central (SOCCENT).[4] The expression "Come and take it" was a slogan in the Texas Revolution."

"In the Anglosphere, both the original Greek phrase and its English translation are often heard from pro-gun activists as a defence of the right to keep and bear arms. It began to appear on pro-RKBA web sites in the late 1990s and early 2000s. In the wake of firearm seizures during Hurricane Katrina and the subsequent defiance by the New Orleans government of Federal court orders to return seized weapons, the phrase has again gained popularity among Second Amendment supporters."

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom