• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KH195

Ultimate Member
    Jan 10, 2013
    Virginia
    Newest acquisition, just picked it up (thanks 2A for doing the transfer!). Minty Japanese WWII Type 94 Nambu with both original matched mags, holster, strap, cleaning rod, and four original rounds that were in the gun when it was brought back by a veteran. Dated Showa 19.6, or June 1944.

According to the seller, who acquired it from the vet, it was taken from a dead Japanese Major on one of the Pacific islands. Our troops were clearing caves after a Naval shelling and the Japanese soldier was found dead in one of those caves, or so the story goes. Either way I'm happy to have it, these are tough to find with both matching mags. This was my first buy off of Armslist, I don't check that site often but happened across this one that was listed by a seller out of Baltimore. The price we settled on was so reasonable I thought for a while it was a scam, until actually talking to the seller on the phone. Think I ended up getting the rig for about $1k less than these usually go for so I couldn't be happier!

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      68.9 KB · Views: 234
    Jul 1, 2012
    SWEET!

The two-matched mag rigs are indeed really hard to find especially for a reasonable price.
    This one looks in fine condition all around...

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    Put in a bid on a T94 rig over the weekend but someone wanted it more than my bank account could deal with so my search continues. Sad because it was a nice, early '39 production example but with just one matching mag. Looks like the days of cheap T94s is rapidly dwindling as their market value continues to climb.

KH195

Ultimate Member
    Jan 10, 2013
    Virginia
    Put in a bid on a T94 rig over the weekend but someone wanted it more than my bank account could deal with so my search continues. Sad because it was a nice, early '39 production example but with just one matching mag. Looks like the days of cheap T94s is rapidly dwindling as their market value continues to climb.

Those earlier ones are gorgeous...I love the look of the rich bluing with the nickel plated mags. Ideally I would like to get one early example and a super late one with the wood slab grips to display together with this one here to show how drastic the production changes were from start to finish.

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    Those earlier ones are gorgeous...I love the look of the rich bluing with the nickel plated mags. Ideally I would like to get one early example and a super late one with the wood slab grips to display together with this one here to show how drastic the production changes were from start to finish.

PM somd_mustangs about late war examples. That's his rice bowl. Me, I like the finer finished examples in both the small ring T-14s and T-94s.
    The really big dollar pieces are the end-of-war examples. Find a July or August '45 dated T-14, some didn't even get a finish applied, and you're talking rare and big bucks. Very much like "last ditch" German arms.

KH195

Ultimate Member
    Jan 10, 2013
    Virginia
    PM somd_mustangs about late war examples. That's his rice bowl. Me, I like the finer finished examples in both the small ring T-14s and T-94s.
    The really big dollar pieces are the end-of-war examples. Find a July or August '45 dated T-14, some didn't even get a finish applied, and you're talking rare and big bucks. Very much like "last ditch" German arms.

Yep I'm still super jealous of somd_mustangs' 20.6 dated Type 94, I'm always on the lookout for one like that or an August '45 Type 14 but they certainly don't turn up often!

Jul 1, 2012
    my ears are burning....

there's a few examples of last-ditch T94's floating around too, no S/N, no finish, and/or early parts mixed with late parts etc.
    I'd love to find one of those.

http://www.p38guns.com/T94LastDitch.htm (lots of nice ones on this site).

The late-war stuff is fascinating to me because you can pretty much map the fall of the German & Japanese war effort.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    loops12

Latest threads

Top Bottom